hi

hi

Friday, March 18, 2011

olivveeeerrr!

My alarm is set to 8am, no changesies. That is an hour before I would usually set it. More time in the morning is better. Either if it is more time lounging conscious in bed or more time for breakfast.

But since I'm out of breakfast food, I just grabbed a nutrigrain bar and some powdered drink and went to class. We didn't really have a critique. We just had an in class assignment to do an illustration representing a person without doing a portrait of their face. So I picked Richard Hammond and did a portrait of his Opel Kadett from the Botswana Top Gear special. I've never drawn a car before, so that was very difficult. Just did a pen drawing straight from reference with digital color.

Got a burrito for lunch because I knew I'd be at school and needed easy sustenance later.

This "having screens ready to print" thing really works for printing efficiency. In the three and a half hours between class and yoga, I got exactly three layers done on my posters. It's almost down exactly. Just so long as I have the same set up. I set up on a far left table and I spread my pages out to dry across the two tables to my right. The length is exactly ten by two posters wide. So when I fill two tables with prints, that is 20 prints, and that is just over a third done. Then I do another 20. Then I do another 15. It is much better than a drying rack, which frankly I hate. They are on springs and if you are not careful the springs will, well, spring and then the racks go up. And if there are other peoples prints, then they might slide around and stuff. It sucks. Having a full three table spread takes luck and/or getting up early. I'll see how it goes once it gets farther along.

So I got the Samala poster printed and half of the Dom image. Tomorrow I will get Dom finished and Acey printed and Beth designed and applied to screens. After yoga I only have five hours before school closes. Before yoga I'll scan Beth's in and get the color in and print it out and get that oiled up and ready to go. Then yoga. Then applying emulsion. Then exposing (four screens: Acey layers and Beth layers). Then washing out. And while those dry, I'll finish Dom. And then I'll see how much printing I get done. Two hours for set up, three for printing. Stagger home at around 10pm. LOVE IT! That is my kind of day really. Printing and yoga. Wheee.

I'll need to go food shopping before all that. Trader Joe's! Whoo!

After yoga today, I was tired so I went home. Watched Community (it was okay). Ate the other half of my burrito. Watched Parks and Recreation (hilaaarious). Now I shall watch some more stuff, drink some fluids, and go to bed. Big day tomorrow.

Todays Portrait Is: Ron Perlman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good planning and progress for you. Keep up the good work.

Dad