hi

hi

Sunday, March 13, 2011

eye drop heaven

Actually got up at a great reasonable time. I assessed and got to doing what needed to be done. Went to school and printed out my resume and an Urecht application. Heather told me there was a one shot temp position for stock some time in April. So I turned that in. Didn't want to mention it in case a flood of applications happened before I turned mine in. A resume wasn't totally needed, but it was good to update it anyway. Went to Safeway. They didn't have any of the eye drops, but I got some general soothing drops. Turned in my application. Went to Fred Meyers and they DID have the homeopathic stye drops. Not the cheapest, but if they help they are certainly cheaper than a doctors visit. I'm going to wait a bit more. Also picked up some ice cream. Then I went home, dropped my stuff off, and went to get my food for the day. And by that I mean I went to Pizza Schmizza and ordered a pizza and some wings. Chicken! Good for you! Returned home. Ate. Then I got to my paper. It is a lot easier the second time around. I'm writing it from the ground up, but including a lot of the stuff from the first draft. I find it much easier to use the original as a reference and just write it again. It is easier to edit that way, as opposed to editing existing text. I don't know if I'll rerewrite it after this. I'll see how I feel I about it.

My eye is sort of stable. I'll see how it is tomorrow. If it is worse or better. I still have a ton of writing to do, but I have a good list of topics and references to my material. Also my thought process seems much deeper. Or something. Like I have a better handle on it. Tomorrow is a big review. Four copies. Four different edits. I don't know my thesis just yet, but I'm just going to fill out my different chapters for now. Get the bulk, then the cause.

I don't think my version of Word has the editing powers that are needed for a research paper. I think I'll have to come in to school early tomorrow and add all the footnotes. I just gotta mark where they are for now. It is going good, though I have a long way to go. I've been writing from bed, instead of at a desk. It is actually nice, though it takes more effort to get up and do stuff.

It would be nice if I got the temp job. The money can go to my tattoo fund! Not that I'm getting a tattoo...but if I did it would be from money that I earned, not the money I receive. Not that I'm thinking about that....but I am. I've been thinking about it for a while actually. There are memories and then there are mementos. And then there are mementos of memories. Uhm...yeah. Mum probably doesn't approve but it is my money and my memento. Maybe I won't get the job.

Todays Portrait Is: John Slattery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your thesis looks good. You pulled it off! So far, so very good. You go, girl...><> ><> ><> mummy