hi

hi

Saturday, March 19, 2011

a day for junk food






When I woke up and saw that the alarm was 11am, I swore loudly because I thought I was missing class. Then I realized that I had no class on Friday and said so. Kristen laughed from the living room. So I went back to sleep. I ended up sleeping a bit too much in so the first few tasks of the day were rushed. I went to Trader Joe's and got a frozen meal and some snacks to sustain me. Went to school and grabbed a pop tart and my beloved Propel powdered water. I also like Emergen-c. I tend to drink at least one powdered drink thingy a day, and the rest of my fluids are usually just water.

Anyway, at school I scanned in the drawing of Beth and edited it. Oh, I also finished listening to Shades of Grey by Jasper Fford. Very good book about a society with a hierarchy determined by the amount of colors one can see. Now I'm listening to the Hunger Games trilogy. Everything listens so fast compared to Game of Thrones. Those books were LOOOONG. Anyway, hauling around stuff gets me flustered. I don't like hauling multiple bags and for some reason I don't like backpacks. I resist using one until I absolutely have too much stuff to fit in my shoulder bag.

I like Friday yoga because it slows me down. I get all rushed with stuff and it is an hour and a half to just take it slow. Tuesday Thursday yoga has more movement, it doesn't slow me mentally down as much.

After yoga, I rushed to the studio to claim dibs on a spot and...

...it was totally empty! There was no one in the silk screen studio and only Asha in the letterpress area. There were some people in the litho and etching lab, but I don't go over there. So I claimed three tables, emulsified four screens, oiled up three stencils, microwaved a meal and consumed it, exposed the screens, washed them out, printed the lineart on the Dominic poster, counted out the sheets for the Beth edition, used up my first ream of paper in the process, printed the Beth color layer in a nice range of blues that match her signature sweater, printed the line art, washed out both of those screens, and was out of the building at 9:50. Beth also came in and worked on her screens a bit.

Back in my studio, I counted out another ream of paper into stacks of 10, so later on in printing I can just grab the number of sheets I'll need. Another task minimized! I'm really getting a handle on how long different parts take. If I am doing any non printing tasks (exposing screens, counting paper, emulsifying) I need at least an hour to do them properly, especially if I need to take food breaks. I can do three layers in three and a bit hours if I have nothing else to do. I wonder what my times will be like if I have people catching paper. Right now it is just me. Having a buddy speeds things up.

Got home and had some pasta. And then taffy and candy cane joe joes. MMMM.

I'll figure out what I'm doing tomorrow...tomorrow.

Todays Portrait Is: Tommy Flanagan (with bonus material).

No comments: