hi

hi

Friday, February 18, 2011

print exchange!

Even though my alarm went off at 8, I slept in a whole bunch. Still, getting an early start is good. I had one of those bizarre mornings where I wake up at 5am and am not aware of the time and start doing stuff, and then I realize it is way too early, so I crawl back into bed. Ya know?

Anyway, eventually got up and had a scramble and some Emergen-C. Then I went to Coffee Time and drew the people there for an hour and a half. Had a large hot chocolate. Mmm. It wasn't the best of drawings, but it was a start. Ran into Carlson on the way out. If the weather wasn't so icky, I would have stopped and talked to him more. Went home and changed into wellies, as it was raining and icky. Went to school. Had a fabulous meeting with Martin. He liked the work and liked the direction I was going. By next week I should have some final designs of the posters ready to show him. Just to know how it looks like before I print it. So another week of drawing drawing drawing and some designing. Hurray! We have a mid term meeting with people soon. So I need to have a few posters made by the 7th or 8th or whatever. It shouldn't take more than a day to print one poster anyway.

After that I looked at my new Esquire and noticed that this reader letter was suspiciously similar to this letter that Karen said she submitted. Except it was by Kara in Kansas City. Turns out Karen wrote in under a pseudonym. It was her letter! Karen was published in Esquire! And it took up half a page! How awesome is that?

Yoga was relaxing and rejuvenating. It was a bit tough because my tail bone was so badly bruised from yesterday's tumble. But it was nice. Went home. Threw on a dress. Zipper was funky. Threw on another dress. Did my makeup. Karen called me and I hopped in her car. She cruised by her place and picked up Phil. We stopped by Safeway and Phil got booze (just a six pack). Then it was off to the print exchange!

The exchange was 46 prints strong. It was held at Christy's house. A very nice house designed for printing (upstairs) and hosting (lots of open space and tables and general great mingling atmosphere). We were a little late, but not so late that there wasn't food a plenty. Heather, Daniel, Heather, Christy, Yoshi, Tom, Patrick, Diana, Chelsey, Robin, Casey, Morgan, Morgan, Jalissa, Justin, Justin, Lacey, ...uhhmm. Anyway, tons of people were there. The whose who of the print department. And boy do they bring the booze. I stuck to a nice amount of gin. Chatted to people, ate delicious food. I didn't bring any because I am lame. We piled the prints so that we would all get the same number out of the edition. I drew #19 out of a hat. I roamed and chatted and had great conversations with tons of cool people. I forgot my camera, but Yoshi was a shutterbug so there are pictures somewhere. I had one of my Goodwill Bins dresses and some tights. Looked good. Fancy. There was a cat named Leche who was irritable and unpettable.

It was a bit of an early night, Karen took Lacey and I home. Got back at around 10 or so. Not a late party. I walked to Fred Meyer's to get some beer. Good old beer. I also needed to get ten bucks to pay for the box that the print portfolio will go into.

So now I'm drinking beer and watching Fringe. I'll probably call it an early night. Tomorrow and the day after are thesis paper writing days. Gaaah.

Todays Portrait Is: Annie Heisey.

No comments: