hi

hi

Thursday, February 17, 2011

buddying up

The weather sucked and I stuck around in bed for a long long time. Rain and rain and rain. I like the morning. I just lay about and think. But then I have to get up. Boo. Had a scramble with frozen rice and veggies. I should get a straight up frozen veggie medley to throw in scrambled eggs. Rice is such a filler. Followed that up with some nutella and toast. Then I headed to my studio. Worked on finishing up my chili recipe. Inked it and did some pencil shading. Then went to the library and scanned it. Threw in some digital color. Before I knew it, it was time to head to Goose Hollow to see Robin. Tonight she was my drawing subject. She made me a wonderful dinner and I drew her as we ate and talked and drank copious amounts of tea. We walked to Safeway and got some cake and watched Glee. It was a really nice evening. Just hanging with a friend, talking progress and relationships and gabbing about this and that. Got some great drawing done. Really understanding my practice more. And last night I figured out what I'm putting on the back of my posters. On one side will be portraiture of friends drawn from meetings and chattings. On the other side will be anonymous group drawings. Malls and coffee shops. Anonymous depictions will unfold to personal ones. Lovely. I can't wait to just go places and draw draw draw and listen to my audio book copiously. I need to order my paper though. But I'm building up a good stock of images.

Left Robin at midnight. Now I'm going to finish watching Justified and go to bed.

Todays Portrait Is: Serenity Ibsen.

No comments: