hi

hi

Friday, February 18, 2011

ow my butt

I tripped over my laundry basket and grabbed my chair to prevent my fall. Too bad a wheely chair on wood floors does nothing to stop a fall. Now my butt hurts. Bleh.

Got up an hour early to finish my illustration piece. It just needed some final color and some texture. Did that. Had some toast and tea before I left for school. Got to class right on time. For the first chunk of class we played around making websites using Virb. Very little of my art looks properly nice online. I do such a poor job of documenting it. That is the benefit of digital art, it always is crisp. Hmmn. Anyway. We did that. Madeline and I got burritos for lunch. I think Chipotle are making them smaller than they did. They don't seem quite as filling as they once did.

Back in class we reviewed our projects. We got our new prompt. And then it was work time. The next assignment is wine label design. In front of the back row's eyes Chase whipped out an amazing digital illustration just like that. He sure is good at his monsters and digital art. Kid is a whiz.

After class I looked up the address to Arvey Paper and rode my bike over to the other side. Then it turns out the directions were all wrong and I was about 15 blocks north from where I needed to be. Going down traffic on crappy sidewalks isn't fun. But I got there. My thesis will be 11"x17". Because it is an intimate size, and it is easier to print, and easier to buy in bulk than single sheets. Hahaha. Anyway, I could either order one thousand sheets and pay around a hundred dollars (because I'd be buying reems and then paying for shipping) or buy a box of reems which contained two thousand sheets, wouldn't have shipping, and it would cost $130. I went for that. Now I can go for broke on the thesis. I'll be printing a "distributing" edition and a "collection" edition. So there will be one set of prints that are designed to be given away in a whole batch of thesis prints. For the parents and people. Yeah! Just need to start printing, now that I've figured out what I'm going to put on the other side of my poster. Just draw draw draw and print print print. Once I have my paper, I can just go full on. I'm so excited. Tomorrow I have a meeting with Martin and I feel really good about it.

But I did not feel good about riding my bike through icky traffic and across bad roads. But it wasn't that bad. Crossing over Broadway is easy, and it sets you down right in the Pearl District close to school. I finished my burrito. Talked to Jon. Then I went to the library and took a nap. I woke up right on time for yoga. Which passed by very fast.

Out of yoga I tracked down Mel and spent a couple hours tailing her and drawing her. Drew her screenprinting. Drew her eating pizza. Hot Lips was closing and they gave us free pizza! Huzzah! And I drew her screenprinting some more. Talked to people about my project. Was all "we should hang out!" to Carla and Heather. Three friends drawn! And if I draw three interiors then that is practically three posters done! Whoop whoop!

Got home 10:30ish. Downloaded my tellie. Drank some water. Fell on my bum. Now I shall retire. I'm setting my alarm for 8am. Trying to slowly get myself up earlier. Normally I hit the snooze on a 9am alarm a bunch of times. Setting it to 8 gets me awake earlier and even if I snooze a bunch, I'll be starting my snoozing earlier. Tomorrow is a full day. Going to draw some interiors. Talk to Martin. Go to yoga. Go to the print exchange.

Listening to Jamiroquai's A Funk Odyssey right now. Makes for nice background music.

Todays Portrait Is: Kristin Rogers Brown.

No comments: