hi

hi

Monday, February 14, 2011

red day

Another school week starts. I wonder how many blog posts have started with "another week starts". Probably a ton.

Had my scramble. Used a little less beef than usual and more onion. I bought the wrong kind of onion, so these ones don't dice into little pieces and more so stay in bigger bits. Still good though. Really got a liking for onion now. Had a big cup of tea as well, to get me stirring. Worked on my thought web. Basically it was a mind mapping and inter connectivity of our thesis paper and we were to put them on the board and get feed back in class. So I worked on that.

Then I grabbed an apple and went to class. James J. put his up and for some reason my eyes couldn't focus on his hand writing. He is doing some complex vision spiritual painting type stuff. There are tons of directions for him to go. I went next. I got some good feedback, mainly on the "don't cheapen my artwork" front and the "what it means to be drawn" side of things. Jen and Dom and Nico went. All were good. It was a fast paced fun class. Though this coming week will be chock full of outlines and writing. I actually start writing the damn paper this week. First draft is due in week. 10 pages. It will probably mostly be the artist side of things, as I don't have the research yet. But I can figure it out. I'm not too worried. If I have a good comprehensive outline, I can write. Outlines are key.

After class I swung by Safeway and got some food. Then I headed over to Rollyn's. It was rainy and sucky. Bleh. I mainly got the food for myself, because he had eaten and I know he doesn't have any food in his apartment. It is the most sparse fridge I've ever seen. And kitchen in general. But anyway. I ate and we watched the Rifftrax version of 300. Rifftrax is from the people who did Mystery Science Theater 3000. Basically they do funny audio tracks that accompany movies that you own at home. It's silly. I gave him this Bob Dylan valentine that I drew (he is a big Dylan fan). It was a nice relaxing evening. It wasn't raining on my ride back.

I have plans to draw Mel and Robin later on this week. Tomorrow I think I'll label my print portfolio edition and work on shading my piece for illustration. So a studio day. And then yoga of course. And some reading.

Todays Portrait Is: Rollyn Stafford.

No comments: