hi

hi

Sunday, February 27, 2011

ILLUSTRAQUACIOUS

Woke up with my eye same as yesterday. Spent the hour in bed, waiting till the "must get up" time, holding a wet cloth to my eye to encourage the swelling to go down. It was actually kind of soothing. The video I was helping Abbie with was delayed till a 2pm meeting, so that was nice. Then I remembered I hadn't done todays portrait so I bolted from bed and got that done. Gotta get them up before 3pm! Showered, ate finished that up and got it online with time to spare. My role in the video was a spirit or something. I just had to dress in flowy clothes. I put on tights and a nice black top and put my silk skirt in a bag. Packed some snacks. Rode my bike to the Goose Hollow max stop. Caught the max to Washington Park stop. And there I waited. Listened to my audio book for a bit. Abbie was delayed because something got in her eye. And then that thing stuck and she had to cancel. Also the weather sucked. So I went back home. Changed. Rode my bike down to school and found Samala in the print lab and tailed her for two hours. Drew her. Hung with her, Dom, and Jon. Going to school and finding someone to hang with seems a bit easier than having to schedule stuff. Even two hours gets a lot of drawing in.

Returned home. Made myself some mac and cheese. Popped open a beer. Set my laptop in front of the TV and watched the Oscars. And drew. I'm a multitasker like that. Oscars were pretty good, a little rushed near the end as usual. I was surprised that Kings Speech won picture AND director. I thought Fincher or Aronofsky would get director. There were so many good films too. I ended up redrawing one portrait THREE TIMES before I was satisfied. I'm still not actually satisfied with it. But I guess it looks more like the person now...yeah. And I'm now done with all the friend portraits. March brings the start of a trend of actors and stuff. People who will be easier to get references for.

Me and the pals came up with a new word: Illustraquacious. Basically it refers to the quality of possessing a visage that is easy to represent through art. Some people are very difficult to draw, and some people are really easy to represent. Some people just have easy to caricaturization features. Samala is one of these people. Morgaine is not. We came up with the word because we liked the suffix -quacious, and combined that with chopping off the front bit of illustration. Technically the suffix that indicates being full of something is -acious, but whatever.

Now I'm really tired. And tomorrow I'm meeting with Joan to learn the, what I assume to be, hard truth about my thesis paper.

WHY IS THE NEW TOP GEAR SERIES OVER ALREADY? THIS IS CRAP!

Todays Portrait Is: Jackie Barg.

No comments: