hi

hi

Friday, March 4, 2011

making my friends like me even more

Hurray! I woke up and my eye was significantly less swollen. And it didn't hurt. Yay! There is still a sty and the inside is red and there was white stuff, but it didn't hurt. Getting up was hard. I was tired. Showered. Got my tea and tiger's milk bar. Scanned and threw some color into my Behemoth label. Really liked how it turned out. Had a nice little critique. Our next assignment is to design something to go on something 3D. But if we have done shirts, we can't do a shirt. So I'll design a glass. We are also trying to make some contact with a local artist. Some sort of networking assignment. Hmmm.

For lunch I got a sandwich from Quizno's. Back in class Martin gave us a run down of how the upcoming midterm meeting will go and what to expect. Well not how it will GO but how it will unfold. We will be getting a panel of people in to give us a fresh perspective. We will talk about our work for 15 minutes and then there will be a talk. He rattled off some names of people they are trying to get in for the panels and he said Tyler Stout. TYLER STOUT!! Gahhh I don't know what I'll do if he not only shows up but is ON MY FREAKING PANEL. That would be awesome.

For the rest of class, it was open time. I'm really behind on my website. I don't even have a domain name bought. My art only looks good on the internet about twenty percent of the time. I don't put the effort into documentation. But I gotta do this for class. Hrrmmmn.

I worked on my thesis pieces. Filling in color and the like. At 3:30 I went to print them out. I chatted to Karen in the print studio a bit. Then I met with Martin....

...and it went really well! He really liked some of the drawings and the way they fit as a set. It felt good to place seven concepts down and really look at them. It will take no time at all to print that side. I just have to resolve what the hell I'm doing with the other side. I just need to draw and design more. I should set a goal to get the half of the posters that I have ready to print printed within the next two weeks. Just get them ready to go, so once I have the other sides finished, I just print and distribute that sucker. Just over SIX WEEKS till focus week. Holy CRAP. Ahhg.

Anyway, with that done I went to the studios and hung out with Karen and BT and Robin and made some comments that were taken in a way that I didn't think they would be. Normally about how when we hang out with people we get influenced by their personality. I called Arvey paper and my paper is IN!! Karen will be taking me to Arvey tomorrow at noon. I can't wait to get my case. At around 6, we parted ways. I chatted to the boys in the studio. Then yoga! It was a lot of lunges and the like. Not my favorite.

Back home I took out the recycling and had some udon and egg. Watched some stuff. Chilled out.

I grossed out a bunch of people with my eye. Mainly because the sty was draining, so there was tons of gross white goop in my eye. Totally nasty, but it didn't hurt at all and the puffyness was receding. Having an illness is such a novelty to me. Once I stop hurting. It has healed so much in the past 24 hours. I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring. Now I shall put some more drops in and go to bed. Paper! Printing! Yoga! Drawing! Powells!

Todays Portrait Is: Anna Gunn.

No comments: