hi

hi

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

my soul is null

Been such in the dumps lately. Unmotivated. Confused. Stressed. Worried. Just this big void of thesis staring at me. I know I have to fill it but drawing isn't just what I have to fill it with. I have to speak to a bigger picture and make the case FOR my art work. It's hard to do it honestly.

At 11, Robin called me asking if I would be willing to switch my 2:30 spot with her 5:00pm one. I agreed, because five seemed a much better deal to someone who was feeling anxious and lethargic.

My eye is doing much better. It only hurts when I squint it majorly. And it barely needs any tending to its swelling. Maybe another day or two and it will be healed!

I realized that there are only 28 days in February, so I ended up with an extra portrait for the month. So a special bonus to end the month with. Now I move on to drawing actors. Hmmm.

Ate some pasta and went to school. Drew Acey for a bit and talked about politics and school and how PNCA really needs to advertise itself as a conceptual school.

Then I met with Joan about my paper. AND HAD A WONDERFUL MEETING! It went so well and she gave me so many great thoughts and ways to encourage myself. I need to free write a bunch about these different topics and I have such a great direction. I felt so much better afterwards.

So much better that I decided to take the rest of the night off and go to the movies with Rollyn. We saw Drive Angry, which was just what I needed this soggy Monday night. The action scenes were shot in an understandable way (that is to say, they were not over edited). The cars were fast. Amber Heard was a babe. Fichtner was amazing, but he always is. Cage phoned it in, but I didn't really care. It was fun and my brain was suspended for two hours. Afterwards Rollyn and I had a fight about the artistic relevance of Duchamp's work during his readymake period. Okay not really a fight, but it was pretty heated. Hahaha. Ohh the problems two artistic oriented people have, one being a visual artist the other a performer.

The weather sucks, but I can always get dry. I think I should have more spare clothes in my studio...

Todays Portraits Are: Elnora Turner AND Blaire Stapp.

No comments: