hi

hi

Thursday, March 3, 2011

don't touch your eyes trillian!

The Internet has been coming and going, and I have just been able to get into blogger to update now. And I'm tired. Blaaah. And I've spent the last hour and a half redrawing my Behemoth wine label. I screwed up the first one with sloppy inking. I need to put brush and ink away for a while. So I started over at half the scale and used a pen. Tomorrow I'll get up early and go to school and scan it and throw in some digital color and stuff. Yup. I'll be tired tomorrow.

Today I went to the hospital. At about 1 in the afternoon I ventured out. I walked to Legacy something something Hospital. I asked at the front desk where to go to see about my eye, and the lady was all "oh my! that would be the emergency center" so I went there and checked in. I got seated in the little blood pressure checking station. They checked my blood pressure and my temperature. I gave the nice nurse a run down of my symptoms and how long my eyes have been screwed up. Then I was moved to another room. Another nurse came and gave me an eye exam. My vision in my right eye, the one with the sty on the bottom that won't heal, is considerably more blurry. Left eye is perfect. Then the doctor came and checked out my eyes. Lots of opinions on my eyes. She managed to flip my other eyelid and confirmed that it was indeed a sty in there as well. Everyone was pretty decidedly "yup your eye is pretty darn iffy looking". But thankfully no one gave the inkling that it was more than stys. And the doctor showed me some neat excerpts from a medical text. I liked her. She gave me a prescription for some drops to help along with the healing, as well as a contact for an optotholomotompetrist or whatever, in case my eyes didn't improve. So it was a nice visit. An expensive one. But I was in pain and not getting any better. I got my prescription filled. Grabbed a burrito. And got to nursing my eye back to health. I went to Fred Meyer's for soap and sponges and hair conditioner and other stuff. Went to school and scanned my sketches. Worked on filling in the sketches for poster layouts. Did that till the surprising hour of 10pm. Went home. Worked on Behemoth. Watched tellie. Put in drops.

Love these drops. Hate the way I look with a puffy eye. Can't wait to get better. Tomorrow is busy and all over the place and I'm not looking forward to it, but it will come.

Todays Portrait Is: Aaron Paul.

No comments: