hi

hi

Saturday, February 26, 2011

first a sty, then a splinter, now another sty

ARGGHHH. The combination of below freezing weather and wet eyes and make up and biking seems to have resulted in another goddamn sty in my eye. This time it's on my bottom lid. My eye was getting puffy last night. And now this morning with a cold compress, I can see the sty. Bleeeh. Why are my eyes giving me so much trouble! Just need to wait this out. Again. I wish my eyes wouldn't water when I ride my bike. I should get goggles to protect my eyes.

Anyway. Spent a large portion of the day trying to track down people to draw. And twitchy my eye. Uhg. It's so swollen and irritating and twitchy and not at all attractive. At least it isn't weeping...anyway. Went to Trader Joe's and got some food. And got Heather and Daniel locked in for some drawing. Met them at Ram's Head at around 6:30 ish. They treated me to a pint. We chatted, I drew. We went to Daniel's place and they watched some comedy stand up things and I drew and they drew a bit. Lots of talk. It was a lot of fun and I got a lot of drawings. One usable, but the fact is that I did a TON. Volume is good. I shouldn't have to settle for a composition out of a few mediocre images. My eye had been depuffed before I left with a cold towel. But by the end it was big and bad looking. I hope it is better by tomorrow because I told someone I'd help them with a video project. I don't know how much of my face will be seen, but I'm not pretty with this eye sty. The last one had one gross swollen day and then it had gone down by the next day.

Seems like a batch of seniors always develop health problems. Maddison got mono. Nathalie slipped a disc. Now my eyes are constantly dealing with stuff. BOOOO. It is really distracting.

So tomorrow will be a video project and then some drawing and reading I guess.

Todays Portrait Is: Caroline Cronshaw.

No comments: