hi

hi

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

draw day

Slept nicely in. Maybe I would be more stressed if I didn't sleep so much. Maybe I would get more done if I didn't sleep so much. Hmmn.

Had a massive scramble to give me the zest for the day. Documented and queued up the next few days portraits. Then at about 3pm, I headed down to Pioneer Place. It was so cold. I need to remind myself why I even have long johns. Keep forgetting about them. Keep thinking "oh it isn't that cold". When it says it will snow in Portland, I know it probably won't snow in my area, but it will at least be cold. Anyway. I went to the mall and drew lots of people in different ways. Trying to figure out how to do my "anonymous scene drawing" drawings. One half of my thesis art is anonymous collective stuff blah blah blah to counter the personal portraits. Did that for a few hours. Called Heather at 6pm, who I planned to hang with and draw. Got directions to her house and headed out.

So I went up Morrison (or whatever the west one way street is) turned North on 12th. Turned East on Lovejoy. Crossed the Broadway bridge. Turned left on Williams. Rode that for a while. Went past the venue where Odd Owl played at. Turned onto Fremont. And turned on another street, but I won't say to not give away Heather's location to any internet stalkers. But it was a good 2 mile bike run. And thanks to it being so cold, I wasn't dripping with sweat when I arrived. I wasn't all that exhausted either. Need to put some air in my tires. I'll do that tomorrow. Anyway, we hung out for a few hours. The drawings I did of her were not quite right, but at least I was drawing. I have plenty of the friends side of thing to draw from already, so that isn't a major issue right now. Keeping up with the drawing is. Afterwards, I went to Karen, BT, and Phil's to hang out with them. Since I was on that side of the river, might as well touch on all the bases. It is actually a lot easier to get over there than I thought. Broadway is also much more convenient than Hawthorne ever was. We swung by Fred Meyer's, and I got myself some Deli food. Then we hung out and watched BT play Red Dead Redemption for a bit.

Then it seemed a good time to go home. Didn't want to return when it was too late or cold, but it was already pretty cold. What with the snow and all that. It didn't really become apparent snow till I was in Nob Hill, and it wasn't sticking. Still, snow is snow. It was a pretty brisk ride home. But the apartment was warm and Justified was waiting to be watched. Did some more Behemoth drawings. Tomorrow we will have the art director in class and she'll give us feedback. It would be so cool if one of us got printed on a wine label. All legit and stuff!

Tomorrow is class and yoga. In between that? More people watching probably.

Todays Portrait Is: Amanda Belmont.

No comments: