hi

hi

Monday, January 3, 2011

inspired by a true story double feature

Ahhh what a great nights rest. Cozy bed. Warm bed. Big bed with bedding that may not have the most grown up of patterns. The familiar rattle of the outdated heating system. Perfect. So yeah, stuck around there till one in the afternoon. No one to judge me or to make jokes. Very nice. Had some nice oatmeal for breakfast. Got another drawing up on my other blog, and got tomorrows post ready. After I'm done blogging, I will draw another portrait. Maybe two. Wind down.

Later in the day I went shopping. Went to William Temple House, but nothing caught my eye (but I didn't look too hard). Then I went to M.A.C. and treated myself to a lip gloss (color: Ornamental) and an eye shadow (color: Embark) with some of my Christmas money. A nice gold red color lipstick, and a rich brown shadow. I like browns. Orangey browns compliment my eye color. Anyway, went back home and put my feet up and then remembered I was hungry, so I went to Trader Joe's to get some food for the fridge. Apples, meat, eggs, bread, pasta sauce. I'm pretty simple when it comes to basic foods. Had myself a microwave meal. Tomorrow I'll make myself a delicious scramble. Yum!

Later on in the day I was feeling bored, so I decided to go see King's Speech. I had a free movie thingy from those Regal Card points. King's Speech was fantastic. Lovely little drama about friendship and responsibility. Colin Firth was fantastic. Geoffrey Rush was fantastic. Helena Bonham Carter was lovely. I almost didn't recognize Guy Pearce. Loved it. I left the theater at 9:30 and saw that The Fighter was playing at 9:35, so I went to the bathroom and just hopped into the theater when the trailers were starting. I know, theater hopping isn't the best thing to do, but eh. I pay to see tons of movies. The Fighter was also a good drama, King's Speech was better but then again I'm more into British accents than Jersey ones. Wahlberg was good, Bale did his usual method acting superbness. It was a good tale of choosing to live your own life. Will I remember it in a few years? Probably not. But good acting, and I appreciated that they showed the boxing matches as if they were televised as opposed to overly composed and set to music movie fights.

Rode home after that. My ears are cold. I'm going to go gnaw on an apple now. Mmm.

Todays Portrait Is: Karen Berger.

No comments: