hi

hi

Saturday, January 8, 2011

kathy is the greatest

The new neighbors are loud. Probably just having a moving in party, so I won't make a fuss. But there is a lot of chatter. And they are Ducks fans. Booo Oregon ducks!

I was pretty shocked and horrified this afternoon to find out about the shooting in Arizona. I popped on CSpan and watched it pretty intensely. What is the motivation for such a killing and rampage? It wasn't just the congresswoman, it was a lot of people! I just don't understand.

Early on I invited Rollyn over for dinner and a movie. So that gave me incentive to clean and tidy and do the dishes and all the little things I've been neglecting. He came over at 6ish. We walked over to Trader Joe's to get the taco shells and meat, also grabbed some general groceries. I love being so close to Trader Joe's. Rollyn grated the cheese and I did the meat. Added some of the taco seasoning that Kristen has. Next time I'll add more chili powder. Piled the meat into a bowl, toasted the shells, put the lettuce in a bowl, set out the grated cheese and we plopped down in front of the television to eat and watch Point Break.

Point Break was fantastic. Every bit as good as I wanted and expected it to be. Solid action film. Kathryn Bigelow is such an amazing director. And the part that I assumed was the end was actually the middle, so the second half wasn't spoiled at all. It was an early night for us both so after dishes and some conversation, Rollyn left. I had some ice cream. Now I'm hell bent on getting in bed EARLY.

Todays Portrait Is: Dominic De Venuta.

No comments: