hi

hi

Saturday, January 8, 2011

mads & I

Making a dumb face for the camera. Hahah. Me, not Madeline. Madeline looks nice.



Had a pretty crummy night sleep. My schedule is all out of whack.

Had a massive scramble for breakfast, which sustained me through most of the day with only minor supplements. Showered. Dressed. And before I knew it it was time to head out to see Season of the Witch with Madeline. I was first going to ride my bike down to the Max, but it was a nice enough day so I walked and listened to Game of Thrones on audiobook. It is a good story though it isn't really gripping me just yet. I don't feel attached to any of the characters.

Caught the max right on time. When I got to the theater I decided to get a Regal card. I see enough movies to warrant having one. When Madeline showed up, she realized that she had a flat tire. So I returned my ticket and waited with her while the tires people came to help out. She didn't have a jack or socket wrench in the car, so we couldn't get the flat out, let alone on the car. The guy was nice and filled up all the air in the other tires too, as well as switching out the spare (which wasn't so much nice as what he was paid to do). It was a learning experience. I've never seen a tire changed before. I've had a flat but that was at my graduation and it was more important that I get there instead of learning some life skills (Dad swapped the tire and I drove the Prius to my graduation). Anyway. We then went to the tire store so that it could get looked at. Turned out there was some corrosion in the wheel which was causing a leak, as well as a snow stud had pushed into the tire which made the flat (their was a leaking tire as well). Anyway. That was a neat little experience. We then returned to Lloyd Center. Madeline got some food. And then we watched Season of the Witch.

Which wasn't very good. There could have been some good things, if they went in different directions. Robert Sheehan and Ron Perlman were funny. It should have been a period movie with zombies. It was really obvious that when they first made the movie it was rated R. And then they decided to cut it to make it PG-13 and add in some more scenes to make it longer. It was pretty bad. Idiotic. Still, we had fun laughing at it. We are both major nerds for Sheehan and Perlman.

After the movie we went back to her house and hung out for a few hours. Chatted. All that jazz. Then she drove me home. It was a nice full day. Now I know how to change a tire! Thankfully I don't have a car.

Todays Portrait Is: Jon Werrin.

No comments: