hi

hi

Monday, January 10, 2011

walkies and listens

I like my Pacific Northwest days like I like my apples: crisp. I like a dry day with a clear sky, I don't mind if its a bit cold. Perfect for walking. Planned some errands. Had my breakfast and tea and pint of cold fresh from the fridge water. Set out for Oblation to get some nice cards to send off to thank you. Headed towards Glisan along 22nd. Went down to 12th. Popped into the shop. Spent some cash. Popped out. Went down to 10th and went into Rite Aid for some soap. Picked out a lipstick and some lipliners that were at an awesome 75% off clearance. A buck fifty, can't beat that. I was feeling hungry, so I got a slice of broccoli and hazelnut pizza at Hot Lips. Then I went up Johnson. Popped into my studio to pick up my thesis notes, the ones from my presentation panel. Then back onto Johnson and back home. It was a nice walk.

I've been listening to Game of Thrones and now the story has really hit its stride. Really digging it. I poured myself a big glass of orange juice, pulled out some cheese, chips, and dip, and got to solving my Christmas puzzle. While listening to my audio book of course. Puzzle solving and audio books work well together. Took me a few hours, but I got it all pieced together. Did the border. And then the neon sign. And then the neon stripes, and then the turquoise car, and then the yellow and pink card. It all came together. A nice little diner scene with classic cars. It was nice to relax with the puzzle instead of wasting time on the internet. Afterwards I made myself a sandwich, piled a salad on the plate, and put up my feet to watch The Cape and do a mind map of sorts about my thesis. The Cape was campy and was aware of that, I only hope they play up the camp more.

It feels good to put pen to paper and really spell out the thesis shape. I've been much neglecting it. I've been at an impasse for the past few weeks. I don't know how to think outside of the box I've been thinking in.

Now I think I'll work on crossword puzzles a bit. Tomorrow will be a portrait and thesis work draw. Lots of drawing! And watching of tellie. At least the drawing is very productive. It keeps me constantly moving. I want Portraitoday to be a success. Artistically, of course, but I also want it to be popular.

Todays Portrait Is: Thom May.

No comments: