hi

hi

Friday, January 14, 2011

49. "down the _____"


Woke up this morning just planning to use a haircut as an excuse to get out of the house. Woke up to an email from Martin asking if a 2:30pm meeting today was too soon, I shot him an email saying I'll see him there. Showered. Took notes about my thesis real quick, ate some food, and then went down to school. Talked to Tippi, who was helping with some new student orientation. Chatted to two new students: Eric and Drew. Chatted in the library. Came back and talked with Martin.

Talked about my struggles and questions. Mainly took a lot of notes. He told me what to have done by next week. Mainly a lot of decisions and a calender. A big scary calender of deadlines. Yeek! It is looming! But it was a good meeting. He didn't come down on me for being behind. He was just "you need to have thumbnails done by the end of January". Totally doable.

Afterwards I went to Bishop's to get a haircut. My ends are so split. Just need a trim so that my hair is healthy and not dry and frizzy. Also to get properly cut bangs. I only get a haircut about twice a year. Come summer time, I'll get another. When I was waiting, I talked to this guy Kyle, who was also waiting. He had broken his leg so I used that as a conversation starter. Slipped and it was broken in three places apparently. Ouch. He said he was thankful that he hadn't bought a ski pass yet. I suggested some movies on netflix instant watch.

My lady did a really good job. I have nice layers now and she gave me a hair product tip (I didn't buy the product though) and she did a nice awesome blunt cut on my bangs. Very straight. Afterwards I went to Powell's and got Lewis Hyde's The Gift, which is pretty much required reading for any artist, especially if they are doing a thesis like mine. Giving and stuff like that. I got in contact with Rollyn and we made plans to see Rabbit Hole at 5:15 at Fox Tower. I grabbed some Baja Fresh fast food for late lunch and met him there. Blue Valentine is also playing, but we missed the start of it. So we stuck with Rabbit Hole.

Rabbit Hole made me crrrryyyyy. A lovely little film about tragic loss. Based on the play. Brilliantly acted. Well directed by James Cameron Mitchell. But during some parts, I was crying pretty bad. It really hit close to the heart. But Rollyn didn't tease me about crying, he is nice like that. We lightened the mood by watching MST3K: Werewolf. Haha. It wasn't a blisteringly cold ride back as it usually is.

Now I have some aim. Hurrah! And a bunch of reading. I was hoping The Gift would be a small book.

I ordered some discounted Threadless shirts. Birthday treat! Also they were having a sale, so awesome. They haven't arrived yet, nor has my box from the parents. Yay presents!

Todays Portrait Is: BT Livermore.

No comments: