hi

hi

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 starts with a zzzz....





The Party:

I threw on a turban, my new silk skirt that I got from mom, and a sparkly top, and got to hanging out. There was a hookah with apple flavored tobacco. I've never partaken in a hookah before, it was interesting. I think the part that was the most fun was playing with exhaling smoke. Felt like I was in a mooovie. Anyway. Tabitha, Karen, Jenny came. Mel and Melissa. Some of Mark's friends and roommies. A nice assortment. There was fondue and brownies and chips and drinks. I paced myself pretty well, but I think the combination of different types of booze and too much cheese left me feeling sick, so I laid down. Then midnight came and went. Oops. I had also had a long day. I don't want to use the word "passed out"....anyway. It was fun, what parts I were at the party for.

January 1st:

I hear that how you spend the first day is indicative of how your year will go. I don't want to spend 2011 alone in my apartment drawing and watching British television...all though the drawing was a good bit.

Got three of my 365 portraits done. I want to get to a point where I'm at least a week ahead and I can do timed posts, so that if something comes up and I get behind, the posts won't suffer. I'll still try to draw once a day, just some days I may do more.

Once I got up, I ate some breakfast. Mark and Kristen had attended to most of the cleaning. It was mostly just dishes strewn about. Later on I put away some of the dishes and washed the rest. I put away some of my presents and my clothes. Tidied up. But mostly killed time. Caught up on television. Drank water. Ate an apple. Tomorrow I will go to Trader Joe's and get groceries. Maybe go see a movie. Check out M.A.C. and get some fancy makeup using Christmas money (maybe a lip gloss....). I got a sweater at Goodwill that I want to sew patches on. Only I don't have any patches.

Today wasn't a big day. I think I'll even go to bed before midnight. I'm pretty tired still.

Also, at the bottom of all my blog posts here, I will include a link to my PortraiToday project (365 portraits in 2011, one a day!). I plan to have the days post uploaded before I do this post. So anyway, without further blah blah blah, my first portrait:

Todays Portrait Is: Trillian Spencer (me!)

No comments: