hi

hi

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas and Boxing Day (not that we really celebrate that)

Christmas!!

Woke up at 7:30 but worked on nodding off, because I knew people were not up yet. Woke up at 8:20 and decided that was late enough, so I bounded out of bed and lo and behold there were stocking filled with sweets and treats! Dad was up. I put the kettle on and made myself some billy tea. I go the go ahead for the stocking so I opened up a few of the things in there while waiting for Nathan and Rubie to make their way downstairs. There was a lego toy from Harry Potter so I assembled that. Nate and Rubie came down and opened up their stockings. We got WD40 and 3-in-1 oil, which is very useful, and puzzles (mine had classic cars on it, naturally). And lots of candy. I let the oranges roll away toward Rubie and Nathan's presents piles. One of the parents grilled up sausages. Dad opened up the cupcake decorating book I got him. I think it has a lot of good ideas that can also be applied toward cakes. I miss getting the cakes that dad makes. He is so good at designing them.

Anyway, ma got up as well and then it was PRESENT OPENING TIME!!

Off the top of my head I got: a cool makeup set, two nice table mirrors (it is good to have multiple), Amy Sedaris' new book about crafting, David Sedaris' new book of fables, some socks with bacon and eggs on them, a soft teal colored turtleneck, the book Bad Marie, some emergen-c and tea, bike lights, and the big one of them all: A NEW DIGITAL CAMERA! 12 glorious megapixels! Easy to use interface! Lots of functions! And a 5gb card to go with it. Yess. Totally sweet present. Great Christmas. Got what I asked for and lots of other neat stuff. Nate got a new razor and a Kinect, Rubie got a skin buffer fancy thing...thingy. And some Lush bath stuff from me. And Nate got a card game from me. Among other presents (like my Christmas print and tee shirt, which Rubie and Ma also got). Anywaaay. Pa got a sweet boot dryer, Ma got a nice knife thing that dad broke within an hour. Only partially broke. It was a really good haul.

Pretty soon I'll start sorting through my photos. Already took a bunch.

I showered and got dressed and came down for waffles. Yum! I put my new mirror to good use. It is really helpful, all though there is such a thing as too much magnification. Yikes! Nate, Rubie, and I played a game of Poo. A fun money centered game. Fast paced.

Then we started packing the cars up. Nathan and Rubie had different night plans than we did, plus we couldn't have fit everyone in the Prius (maybe the Contour). I dozed a little on the way to Mats Mats. The weather is pretty sucky. Lots of rain and mud.

Grandma, Grandpa, Aunty Joyce and Uncle Dick were all there and we got to presents! Well first we got to the DVDs that we made from old family films. We popped it into the DVD player. Lots of my dad as a baby and his first couple birthdays. Then baby Joyce. Then Alaska. Nice films. We paused them and handed out gifts. Got a nice fat quarter fabric assortment from Joyce in a cool bag with some lotion. And cool hard cash from the grandparents. Now THAT I am going to put in the bank. Sweeeeet. It was a nice little exchange. Dinner was salad, roast beast, salmon, rolls, broccoli, and sort of done potatoes. I ate a decent amount of juicy meat and salad. No dessert for me. Nate and Rubie left for Rubie's parents place. I put my feet up and digested a bit.

Ma and Pa and I went to Pulali for the night instead. I worked on a crossword with lots of help. Celia came over for her presents. She brought us delicious fudge! Can't get enough of that fudge. Mmm. I read a good chunk of Bad Marie while trying to get to sleep.

Boxing Day

Uneven night sleep. Toast and juice and crosswords for breakfast. Got dressed and went over to see Celia and her puppy (which will probably go to a new home soon). Talked about future plans and we took a walk up to the end of the Pulali driveway. It seems so much longer a road in the car. The puppy is very spirited. It rained off an on. The whole day. Sometimes big juicy drops, sometimes not. Either way, not fun weather.

After our walk, we parted ways and I had bread and creme cheese and salmon open faced sandwiches. Yum! Listened to the radio and again, put my feet up while the parents did all the work. Classic Trillian move. We put our stuff away in the car. Well ma and pa did. I put my purse in the car. It was a rainy soggy ride home. Swung by Costco. Started watching the Doctor Who Christmas Special. Paused it for a hot tub break. A rainy hot tub break. Returned to Doctor Who. A delightful episode. Then watched No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency with mom. Then pulled up the Top Gear Botswana special, because mums show is set in Botswana. Now I'm watching the Top Gear Syria special. It is new. Yay!



Awesome awesome Christmas. Lots of family. Lots of food. Lots of love.

No comments: