hi

hi

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'll never be able to tell someone to fill their hands...

Got up a little earlier because I needed to look up times for True Grit and make plans for the day with various parties.

Had some tea and some microwave food, and then I looked up times and called Celia. The basic plan was to go with pa into Bremerton, get ma, eat lunch, meet up with Celia, and then go see movie. And that is how it played out.

Dad and I listened to Lady Gaga on the way to pick up mom, because that is the only way we can listen to Gaga: without mom. She just loathes the catchiness of her music. Anyway, picked up mum and then we went to Anthony's for lunch. And we all had salads! All though mom and pop had a soup bowl along with their salad. My almond chicken salad was good, though a bit heavy on the dressing. Mmm. Pa cleaned his plate and finished off mothers and helped with mine. We talked about taking a canal trip in France once the school year is over. Hmm.

The parents dropped me off at Goodwill, where I waited for Celia. The DVD selection was awesome. Picked up Royal Tenenbaums, Zoolander, Point Break, and Spice World on the cheap. Picked up some clothes too. We drove to Poulsbo and talked and cruised around town a bit, then we got to the theater early and chatted. Ma and Pa arrived and sat next to us and then moved to the back because it was too close for mother.

True Grit was GREAT! Coens have done it again. Really solid direction. Great acting. Surprisingly violent for PG13. Better than the original. Bridges did so well. And the parents and aunty enjoyed it as well. We all left the theater in good spirits. I hugged Celia goodbye and home we went.

I packed up my suitcase and box. Dad helped pack the box. My suitcase is nice and light. The box is wrapped up in cardboard to protect it on its train trip. Mom gave me some of her old clothes. A nice coat and shirt that dad got for her in 1981. We really do not get rid of anything in this family. Now my stuff is all packed and I have to get up early. But I'll nap on the train ride.

No comments: