hi

hi

Monday, September 20, 2010

listing lists

Dang, now there is an awesome new show about prohibition and it stars Steve Buscemi. Welp, I'll just watch this and then go to bed.

Set the alarm. Got up...eventually. Ate breakfast. Grabbed a burrito. Went to school. The writing about the pieces went really well. I felt I got a good connection with each of them. They still require some research onto the historical side of what they represent, but I know a good direction for that. Some good thinking happened. Talked to mum on the phone. Ate burrito. Thought about my walk cycle. Hole punched way too many pages. Good news is I won't have to draw as many things for the walk cycle as I thought.

Got a good part of what I had listed to do done, but by the time I got the stuff done it was too late to make a paper run. So tomorrow it is references, paper, photocopy and print references, essay about myself, work on the walk cycle, put presentation together (mostly just rewriting what I've already written and pasting) and then some sketching. It looks like a lot, but I'm not...too worried. It will be an earlier day and probably not the earliest of nights, but I'm not anxious.

Yeah. And I've made a list. So I'll get up. Do some flipping through stuff and take notes. Go to Utrecht. Go to school. Print stuff out. Photocopy. Probably take a break. Then write. Then draw. Then take another break. They break out the scissors and glue and pens and pant. Then maybe write some more. Then sketch.

If I keep rephrasing it, it will stick. Writing stuff out makes for a good reminder of what I need to accomplish and how much I've accomplished. If I don't do much, I can't write much and then I feel bad about slacking.

Congrats to Nathan and Rubie on getting their jobs at Microsoft.

I'm just down to a cough now. Hurrah!

Welp, going to finish this episode and then sleep.

If I do go in the direction of an illustrated guide to the people in my life, and use my blog as a resource, then I should invest more time in writing it. But at this point, there are not many new people in my life. Only one class has people I don't know in it. I'm trying to think of what else to say about my day. Living with Kristen is great? It is. My bike is muddy and since it is tan, every spec shows up. Poor Margaret. My jade plant is thriving. My suitcase is still missing. Did I mention I did my laundry a few days ago? Two loads! It was a lot of clothes that needed cleaning. Yup. I redid my fingernails. They are a more great turquoise color. I like having colorful nails. My room still needs a little more moving into. I need to go through my clothes again and change over to fall and winter stuff. Booo.

Yeah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update. You seem organized and busy.

JS