hi

hi

Saturday, September 25, 2010

turbans are in

Had an amazing dream in which I wore an amazing outfit. I had this gauze dress with a hood (but it was sort of a headscarf) and a turquoise tweed vest with matching blazer. Also had silver mini boots. Really fabulous. No one at the PNCA sports day pole vault even cared I was a late.

So woke up and found an email from the professors pretty much telling us how disappointed they were in us and how their expectations and our products did not match up on any level and how it appeared we totally neglected all sense of design. It was brutal.

Yeah.

But it was a wake up call to the fact we are bloody seniors and should be doing more, and not slacking. Martin has standards for us, and they are high. Which is good because he should believe in us.

Karen helped me haul my art supplies to my studio! I put the rug under my desk and a sorter on my AstroTurf. Also have a plastic tub for larger things and some other organizers. It is really coming together and looks quite cheerful. Yay! Afterwards I hung around and watched Project Runway. Then I went home, had the same lunch of halibut and salad, but this time with apple juice. Went to Trader Joe's to get my end of the snack spectrum for the "Get Stuff Done" party at Karen's.

At 7ish, Diana, Robin, and Lacey came by and picked me up and we went to Karen, BT, and Phil's to Get Stuff Done. We sat at the table in the garage and chatted and worked. I sketched my outfit in the dream and from the inspiration of the headscarf/turban/whatever I wore in it, I came to the conclusion that an owl wearing a turban will make a BRILLIANT Odd Owl poster. Really bold and graphic, and perfect for the style of printing that I do. BT did help with the turban line of talk, he suggested making a turban that looked like an owl. I helped him put stickers on his Man's Face Stuff mustache wax. Kristen and Tabitha came. Mel was there carving wood. Evan was there.

People left. And the people that remained played Apples to Apples. I won! Hurray! It was a good game. And it was a good night. It is good to hang with friends, talk about what is up, and brainstorm. I don't think I would have explored turbans as much if I hadn't gone. If at all.

New Odd Owl poster preview:

No comments: