hi

hi

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

whooo

It is 10:08pm. My check list is all checked off. My alarm clock doesn't go off till 8:40, and really I don't have to crawl out of bed till 9:40. HURRAY!

So I got to school at 12:30. Didn't try to do the before lunch ambitious activity stuff.

Voted on yoga. It was approved! Talked about tablets. The school constantly has to buy more of them, though no one is quite sure where they go and we have to keep the illustration ones from being stolen.

With that done, I went back to the studio and drew walk cycles till 2:45. Then I printed out my essay and took my poster of inspiration to class. Class was held in this little itty bitty classroom in the C4D (center for design). This was up stairs that I've only been up once and that was at the school tour me, ma, and pa went on three plus years ago. Odd to be at such a small school and to never be in this one area. We pinned up our stuff. Iskra talked to us about getting dead lines in writing. And one by one we got up and chatted about our little inspiration maps. I volunteered to go first, like a champ. I'm not afraid of public speaking, I just feel I'm not very good at it. I uhhhmmed and repeated myself, but I think I was able to explain the threads pretty well. It is good to go first because then you can chill for the rest of the class.

There were some good presentations and threads and some people who didn't quite understand. Still, it went fast. I bought some Quizno's during break. Turkey bacon guacamole. Mmm. Early dinner. Very good.

Class was over and back to the studio. A crew of illustration people (Jon, Sivonna, Dom, Beth and I) gabbed about class. At 6:45 I set back to work. Finished my walk cycle. I showed Karen it on the animation device known as the lunchbox (though the one that doesn't save because it is old) and it looks sassy and fabulous. Then I put it into iStopMotion and big bang that assignment was done. I am even putting it onto Vimeo right now and once that is finalized, I'll put it up on ye olde blog.

With that done I set in on the paintings. Just three rough things with ink overlays, like the Ravenous posters. These went faster than the animation. I'm feeling happy that they all look the same style, but I'm on the fence about one of them. Still, have some time to rework it. Tomorrow. I'm tired now. Going to watch Glee. And relax.

ALL MY WORK IS DONE! PARRRTYY!! I mean...relax.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your walk cycle. It has humor, character and is whimsical.~mummy