hi

hi

Saturday, June 19, 2010

pho, blisters, and comics

Whoo! Seattle trip today! Set the alarm and got up and everything. Dad made hash browns, bacon, and fried egg. I didn't fancy the egg much but the hash browns and bacon sure were good!

I put on some layers and put on moms big hiking boots, which turned out to have clogging clackers on the bottom. Noisy shoes, but quite the fashionable statement piece. Unfortunately they wore blisters into my feet and half way through the day I had to buy a new set of shoes, but I'll get to that later.

Mom read the schedule wrong so instead of catching the 1:45 ferry, we caught the 2:05 to Seattle from Bainbridge. Dad played with his Kindle.

Ma and Pa dropped me off at Stumptown Coffee, up on Capital Hill. Chris was there waiting. Hurray! They went off to Linda's retirement party and we went to get some delicious pho soup. Mmm beef! I should have asked for extra meat. I treated Chris to some cupcakes at the fancy cupcake place. Delicious. There was a kids party going on. Like first graders. So loud.

We wandered in a park for a while. Played in the play ground. Sat on bench. Chatted. It was nice. I haven't seen Chris in about a year. We hit up Value Village next. My feet were killing me. That little place in the Achilles. Had to get something quick. Found a pair of used velcro Vans for five bucks. Perfect! And I could walk on the heel so that my forming blister wouldn't get further aggravated.

Chris showed me around the Seattle University campus. It actually has a lawn! And more than two buildings! It is quite nice. Ma and Pa were a long time in coming back from the party, but eventually they showed up and I parted ways with my dear friend.

Uwajimaya was the next destination. Ma and Pa got groceries and I picked up some comics. Nothing I as familiar with, just some volumes with art that interested me. "Read" one on the way back. I looked up the synopsis when I got home, and I much prefer the idea of the comic that I got from just looking at the pictures.

Mom had stopped by Hot Pot...Drop Pot...Drop Hot...uhmm. This doughnut place and picked up half a dozen delicious pastries. I like the jelly one best thus far.

Ma, Nate and I got in the hot tub for a bit. Nate visited one of his friends today.

Tomorrow is actual Father's Day. Yay! Now remember: when mom tries to tell you about her day, act surprised. Don't let on that you know it already through reading my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those were not my hiking boots. They were my Redwing steel-toed boots from when I worked at the shipyard. -mum