hi

hi

Monday, June 14, 2010

sound of music, so much sound of music

Mom says that whenever she tries to tell people about things she has done, people say they have already learned about it through Facebook or my blog. So next time, pretend like you don't know already.

Today mom, mom's friend Cathy, and I went to see Sound of Music at the Forest Theater. I've never seen a production of it, or watched the movie for that matter. So besides the overly familiar songs, it was pretty new for me.

We had a ton of snacks and the theater packed people in tight. It is open air with steps seating. Hard on the bum and back, but worth it. It was a nice minimal stage production. Just good singing, lots of costumes, and bright sun.

The parking lot was packed, but thanks to Cathy encouraging and helping some people maneuver, we got our little section moving. Car by car left and we were able to make our way to freedom! Whooo!

I chilled out at home. Ma and I watched Bubble Boy. Still so funny and charming. Then we stayed up late watching Sound of Music. I was getting tired and it went on for so very long. It was interesting to observe the changes of the story from the two versions.

Mom works and clogs tomorrow. Guess it will be a television and sleeping day. Or maybe sun lounging with a book.

No comments: