hi

hi

Saturday, June 12, 2010

ropes & air mattresses

Friday:

Big brothers graduation day! Hurray! Grandma and Grandpa Spencer came over bright and early and we were out the door at 8:10am. I munched on cheerios and had a juice box. We left to arrive at the Tacoma Dome at 9:10ish, but we arrived in traffic a mile from the Tacoma Dome at 9 and were totally stuck, inching along for a long long while. There were some people with caps and gowns that ran past our car. I'm pretty sure they made it.

Grandpa accidentally bumped the person in front of him, so they pulled out of traffic. Mom and I decided to walk the rest of the way, so we could grab seats with Celia as we didn't know how long it would be.

Mom and I clambered into our seats on the far right just in time to see Nathan and Rubie walk into the seating area. We whooed and hollared and they saw us and waved.

Then it was a long time sitting. The student speeches were quite good. No crap about making a speech about making a speech. It was a three hour commencement. And about six seconds of that was Nate and Rubie. Nathan walked with ropes for being magnum cum laude. Go smarty pants!

Dad and the Grandparents found a spot up above. We left after Nate and Rubie so that we could avoid the traffic.

We were set to congregate at Peanut Sauce Thai Food. I left with Celia. It was a little bit of a wait to wait for Rubie, Nate, Rubie's Mom and Micky (Miki?), but that was okay. Appetizers! Whoo! Then I got filled up on giant spring rolls and chicken satay. Oh well. Left overs. It was a nice meal. Really good food. Thai, when done right, is really yummy even if I can't stand spicy.

I went home with Nate and Rubie because they were having dinner with Brynne and I needed to see my Auntie. There was time between that was spent playing Wii. Wi is so much fun, one day I will have one.

Lunch was at Two Koi. Not hungry, I just had a little plate of shrimp tempura. Auntie Brynne bought three of my bandanas and Dave Olson really wanted one, so I really need to print up more. Enough to fill the boxes left over and then just sell the individual bandanas for like, seven bucks. It was a lovely dinner. Lots of chat and food and celebrations. Dan, who is graduating on Sunday, was there with his parents.

After dinner, Nate, Rubie and I went to a little party at Nate's classmate Chad's house. Computer nerds galore! I had a beer and danced a little with Rubie, who was teaching a couple some possibly moves for the wedding. We played a few rounds of Chad's Android phone game. Looked at Andrea and Chad's wedding album. And just hung about and chatted. Rubie drove us back and rolled out the inflatable mattress for me and then it was nighty night.

Saturday:

Had my first Eggo waffle with Eggo syrup and a glass of chocolate milk. Mmm! Played more Wii as well. Then it was a drive to the other side. Out of Tacoma, back to Seabeck. Unfortunately I missed Dad leaving for work. He won't be gone for long, still it is nice to have him around.

Nate dropped Rubie off at her parents. It was a beautiful and warm day. Nathan wanted the hot tub, I wanted the sprinkler, so we did both. We ran through the sprinkler to cool off and then got in the hot tub to warm up. A good combination, except now I need to siphon some grass out of the hot tub.

Nathan left and then it was just mommy and me. Watched the rather lack luster new Doctor Who episode (it was just off and all over the place and what was with the head butting?) and made rice krispy treats with mom. Then we watched Up In The Air. It had a weird start but the characters really developed. Ended up liking it quite a bunch. Tomorrow, mom and I plan to go see Sound of Music at the Rhododendron Theater aka the Mountaineers Theater. That will be nice. I've never actually seen the movie.

No comments: