hi

hi

Sunday, June 20, 2010

daddy's day

Father's Day!

My two new Threadless.com shirts came in the mail so I wore the one with the warrior with all the patterns today. Giraffe and brontosaurus one tomorrow most likely. Whee.

Dad opened the rest of his presents in the morning. From me he got a deep sea diver Playmobil. It had a yellow suit with a bubble helmet and little thrusters and a hook and rope onto which to attach. It is dangling above a lego oil platform that Nate made for his birthday cake. I also gave dad some of the instant coffee that he likes. Nate got him a Kindle cover. Ma got him some chocolates and an easy Washington hikes book and the Kindle, but he already opened that. Spoiled daddy.

Nate and I collaborated on a Father's Day card for Grandpa. It had a pull out geoduck and everything! Very cool.

We four departed to Mats Mats are around 1. Early dinner! Before that we played a round of Blokus. Nate and I tied and Dad won. Dinner was halibut, salad, au gratin potatoes, broccoli, and bread. Mmm. It was quite good and filling. There was pie and ice cream, but I was full and rested on the couch. The rest turned into a little nap. Oops. Grandma gave me some lovely quilting books. There is a great pattern in there, and once I figure out how to do the blocks I can do all the pieces while mom is gone, so I won't need her help. Except if I need to thread a machine. Whoo!

When we got home, Nate and Dad played with their Kindles and Mom and I looked at an I Spy book. Nate left for Tacoma, I made a huge bowl of popcorn, and we three watched two more episodes of Community. Soon there will be no more episodes to watch. The first and last couple episodes are not the best. The middle ones are superb.

Mom is gone for most of tomorrow, but dad is back so I'll have company.

No comments: