hi

hi

Friday, June 25, 2010

squares galore

Another glorious day of listening to audio books! This time it was spent in the quilting room aka the girl cave.

Well before that ma and I called SallieMay to get my loan in order. So much trouble! Then I watched Work of Art. Loved the book design challenge. I was amazed at how small the text was in a lot of the designs. It is going to be scaled down... I loved the winning design. I want to get my hands on a copy of it. It was original and eye catching.

Anyway, then I quilted. I finished listening to Dead Until Dark and started Living Dead in Dallas; the second book of the Sookie Stackhouse series. I spent a lot of time measuring fabric to make sure I had enough, and then once I found enough measures of fabric in suitable patterns, I started cutting and sewing! I picked a fairly easy looking pattern from one of Grandma's books. It is 25 blocks, five by five. 13 of one type and 12 of the other. I got all 13 done and by the end of the day, after dinner and So You Think You Can Dance with mom (who was at a GED graduation ceremony all day) I had the first of the 12 other blocks done, and I sewed them together into the first section. Well the first three-fifths of a section. It is looking great! Much better than my first quilt. I can't wait to pull it all together. Too bad I don't have a proper ironing board back home. But I do have a great sewing machine. I'll just bring my fabric back with me and finish it up. Whoo!!

The four of us (Nate is back for the weekend) got in the hot tub. Now I go to sleep, pack (but not everything as I will only be in Portland for a week and a half or so), and return to Portland and wedding and party it up till Sunday! Or maybe Monday as my friend Robin turns 21 on Sunday. Whoop.

No comments: