hi

hi

Saturday, June 26, 2010

harmonious burgers

Back to Portland today. Fairly standard morning. Dad made pancakes. Put my hair into braids so that tomorrow my hair will be wavy and all that. Packed up. I am leaving most of my clothes in Washington. Wedding stuff, toiletries, etc. that

Mom drove me to Tacoma. Got to the station with 10 minutes to spare. I spent the ride listening to audio book and reading comics. It went fast.

Instead of dropping my stuff off at my apartment and going to Harmony's pre-wedding thing from there, I decided to just go to the thing at the Residence Inn. When I arrived it turned out she was at the mall getting some nails done. I ran into her mom and while she looks the same, she didn't recognize me at first. So I wandered from room to room with her. Seems like all of Harmony's extended family is here for the wedding. Met a lot of them. Norwegian and Mexican were the representers. Mariel came over from the mall. She is quite blonde but carries the same spirit of the girl I haven't seen in three years. Harmony and her bridesmaids came over. For the next hour, I made conversation with the bridesmaids and we sort of were able to lure Harmony away from the entanglement of family, but it took some effort. The 12-25 range of girls went to a separate room (the family had a lot of rooms at the place, it was like an apartment hotel) and we played a few rounds of Apples to Apples and ate snacks. Someone bought pizza, so we went to the lobby for pizza. It was about 10pm so I parted ways, I didn't want to be there too late for the max. Getting to the other side without a max is a lot of trouble.

I knew Karen was on the other side and probably had her car, so I met up with her at Santeria. It was her birthday today. Lacey, Daniel, Heather, BT, Phil, Robin, Mel, and a couple unfamiliar others were there. Daniel bought me a drink and I had some water. After that I stored my stuff in Karen's car and went to Mary's Club with BT, Mel, and Karen. Tabitha and her friend Mike showed up. After Mary's, BT drove home to rest and the rest of us went to XV to boogie. At the last call, we called BT to come designated drive Karen and myself home. I only had a couple drinks, but it was nice not to walk that far. Adam was also there. Got dropped off.

The apartment looks nice, just one thing is off: my bike is missing. Did Katie ride it when I was gone and it got stolen or broken? Who knows. I'll ask her in the morning. Guess that was what her cryptic "I want to talk about some things with you in person" text was about. Argh. I need that bike! Jay and I were going to bike from the reception to BT's birthday party! That isn't a cheap bike. It has gears, and brakes, and things to hold groceries on the back.

Oh well. Sleep time now. Get up. Shower. Make myself some oatmeal. Put on makeup and a dress. Find out what the hell happened to my bike. Call Jay and tell her we are walking.

My room is so messy. Need to start throwing things out. And then packing.

No comments: