hi

hi

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

rays & stitches

I pretty much spent the whole day quilting!

After a breakfast of cheesy eggs and toast, I got to sewing my quilt front, batting, and back together. Mom had set up her quilt stand outside on the lawn, so I brought my computer out and got stitching. Watched an episode of The A Team before the glare got to be too much, so I listened to Dead Until Dark for a few hours. Dad made a little lunch plate and we ate it outside together. I continued on. Got some sun. Spiders and other bugs kept showing up.

Once the sun moved, I was able to go back to watching stuff on the computer.

I was out there for eight hours, easily. Probably closer to nine, including breaks. My arms look a little pink and while nowhere close to burnt, my face feels a little warm.

Dad cooked up some salmon for dinner, with sides of potatoes and beans. Ma came home and we ate on the lawn again. What a nice life to have. Lawn, trees all around, birds over pedestrians.

Yeah, my arms are totally red. Finally got some sun! I thought it would never come.

My stitching isn't the best, but it is a first quilt.

Have to get my ticket to Portland soon.

No comments: