hi

hi

Saturday, January 9, 2010

ow. EXPLODE!

Slept in! Not way way in, but still slept in.

Katie has departed to Eugene for the weekend to hang with Adam. I am compensated for feeding Luna, which I would have done for free.

So I relaxed. I ate some sandwiches.

I hauled my bike into the living room and managed to get the back tire off. I used to hooks to remove the tire and pulled out the tube. I got the tube in the tire and that almost on the rim but it didn't work out.

So I took a break and went to see Daybreakers with Michael. Haven't seen Michael in ages. He is a painting major so our classes don't match up at all, and he works full time so he has little free time to hang with cool people like me.

Daybreakers is a new vampire movie. Filmed in Australia, it stars Ethan Hawke, Sam Neill, and Willem Dafoe. I loved it. The color was a common supernatural film pallet. That is blues and blacks to offset the red of the gore and the orange of the enemy: the sun. It had a great realization of a world full of vampires. Wish they had shown more of the rest of the world, but that wasn't important to the plot. In all fact, the world probably fared better because the vampires didn't need resources. They didn't muck up the film with a romantic subplot. Okay Edward Dalton did like Audrey, but there wasn't time for hand holding. The vampires exploded when staked, which was a cool effect and set this film apart from the mythology a little bit. I loved the set design and the overall composition of the shots was quality. Oh the pair of directors who made it, one majored in design. It shows. The creature effects were top notch as well. A lot of puppets and prosthetic thingies. Nothing struck me as very computer generated. Sure there was some gore, what R-rated vampire movie wouldn't have some? But it was good and well placed gore. I hope this does well, but it probably won't because January-March is a general deadzone for movies.

Michael and I chatted for a bit after movie, and then parted. It was a nice little late afternoon hang out.

Spent the rest of the day sitting and munching.

Oh, and looking up videos on youtube of first: how to get a tube and tire onto the spokes. Got that done. Then I found a video of how to get a wheel onto the bike, because I was having trouble with that. Got that done! I checked the tire pressure using my new gauge. And filled the front tire all nice and full. I couldn't get the bike seat off, but otherwise my bike has RETURNED! YAAaY! I am no longer confined by laziness because I don't want to walk somewhere. And I did it all by myself!

Karen stopped by for a little chat. Then left. Another sleep in day. Want to really settle down and read Blood Meridian. It is off to a great start.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very resourceful of you to use Youtube to learn how to fix your Biketube.

LP

Anonymous said...

You get an A for bike maintenance.

JS