hi

hi

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

white sunrise

In monotype, we talked about our own prints, instead of having Tom hold them up. Then we took another walk! A chance to gather supplies for further stencil printing. Walked up to 23rd, walked around a Synagogue, then we went back. I crossed paths with Liz and Katie heading to the studies, so I chilled with them for the rest of lunch. Liz and I went to Safeway for munchins. Watched Katie set up her installation. Her studio is all black and she put in a ceiling. The rest of the studios seem really lack luster. Not lived in at all. Oh well.

Got back to class a little late. We did a communal print where we all put in colored shapes to form a print. I cut a leaf in the shape of a hand.

I mostly played with graphic figure shapes. First I did an image of a girl with an umbrella, a sort of early imagining for my illustration project. Then a girl in a striped sweater on a colored background which bled to the edges. I like bleed prints that lack borders. Then I did one of a woman in a coat reading a book and walking. I cut the image out of paper and arranged it on a colored plate so that it would stand out against the bright blues and oranges. Then I arranged more shapes on that plate, once I removed the paper of the woman. It was a lot of fun and it inspired me much.

This week has been really relaxing. Not much is due, but the time to think about finals is upon me. Time to get to work work work on that that that. After class I talked to Natalie. Helped her with her print.

Watched John Doe on Hulu and did my laundry and ate toast. Mmm.

No comments: