hi

hi

Sunday, November 8, 2009

semi naked ladies

Slept in. MMm. It's nice.

It rained and it poured all day.

My back tire seems to be constantly a little flat. The bike pump I was given doesn't accurately measure pressure and it doesn't get a good seal when I inflate my tires. I need to get a gauge. Or a better pump.

Another day where I loafed around. Ate couscous. At around 5, I started to go through my closet. Cherish was having a Naked Ladies party. That is, a shindig where you get together and swap clothes you don't want anymore. I found that I had more things to get rid of than I thought, but not much in the shirt department. I want to hold onto some teeshirts, mostly because I want to get one of those "101 things to do with a shirt" sewing books, and remake them into a tote or something. Anyway, I had three bags full and they fit into my side baskets perfectly. It was a potluck but I didn't bring anything.

It was miserable riding there, but I warmed up and dried off right quick. I got trapped in the stairwell for a minute though. The elevator only went up to the fourth floor for no reason, so I took the stairs, but the doors in the stairs were only open from the outside. Thankfully I had my cell. I'm not use to such a secure building. But Cherish was there and let me in. There were mini pizzas and hot cider to consume. Cherish is a great hostess. Laura and Cheyenne, her friends, were there. The boys left so that we could swap and try on clothes in peace. I went mental for clothes. Well not mental, but I grabbed a lot. Whatever fit and no one wanted more than me.

Rainbow and Heather showed up later on, as well as some other friends of Cherish. It was a good group. We gabbed. I had more energy to try on clothes than the rest. Rainbow had two beautiful dresses that I picked up in case of a nice occasion. One was a lovely green, the other a darker black with red print. The latter not so sleek and saucy, but respectable. I got some great finds. I hope I didn't come off as too greedy...

Heather and I stayed the longest, chatted about family and really got to know one another. It was a really nice night. I left with the same bags full of new clothes. Have some great tops, some nice more formal things. I just need a reason for them. I'll find one. And Thanksgiving is coming up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bike tire - you have to push the inflater thingy down on the bike tube stem firmly prior to pushing the latch handle over. After it pumps up you have to unlatch and pull it off quickly so you don's loose much air. Slight leak - check with soap and water. take a small dish like a tuna jar, and add a little dish soap. Then with a wide brush - you do have a brush don't you? just go over the tire, stem spoke holes, and tread with soap and water. you should see bubbles growing if there is a leak.
JS

Anonymous said...

Do you have your tickets for the train yet for the dance show and for Thanksgiving? I transferred some money to you last week, so you should be flush with rupees. That's great to trade clothes like that. Don't forget you have lots more clothes here...mummy