hi

hi

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

dreams of hot tubs

We finished watching Fitzcarraldo. Very good movie. Rest of class was more discussion about comedy = village = raw and tragedy = city = cooked. Or something. And how bad TV is. It's a lot of rehashing of the same subjects. Over and over and over. Oh well. Free pastries.

History of Print had a long discussion about costumes and characters and plans for the rest of the semester. Then we finally got down to learning. We got into Piranesi and Tiepolo Jr and Sr. I remember the last one because their name is Tie and Polo combined. They inspired a lot of etchers, like Goya.

I just wandered around school for lunch. Ate a sandwich. Talked to mom. Can't wait to go home and get in that hot tub! Oh, and see Ma and Pa and Rubie and Basil. Maybe Nate.

We spent half an hour talking bike safety. It's a very heated subject. The main reason for bad Portland bikers and bad Portland drivers is the lack of consistency. No one knows what to do, so it all comes to a standstill. It's odd that the less signals there are, the better traffic is. Then we got back into print discussion. It was good.

Rainbow gave me a Norfolk Pine. Hopefully it won't die, it needs more water than my jade. I had my meeting with Pearl. All I need is Illustration and my senior stuff. No worry there. It was a quick meeting, I barely had to sit down.

Yoga was canceled. Boo!

I missed a huge downpour by minutes. I got in and took of my jacket and then the clouds spewed their heavy guts.

Caught up on So You Think You Can Dance. They are supposed to be the most talented people, but a lot of the numbers are falling flat to me. The ones I remember are the racer & mechanic hip hop number and the Bollywood one. Hard to forget Bollywood. Some of the sequences are just not hitting it as hard as I would like, and the lifts seem sloppy to me. A pause and then a move, it doesn't feel fluid. Yeah.

Got all my work for tomorrow done early on, so I can get a nice long night's sleep.

Oh, Glee was good. I enjoyed the furthering of Kurt's story line and some explanation of Artie.

No comments: