hi

hi

Friday, November 13, 2009

food! and art!

Ahh a nice end to a relaxing week. Calm before the flurry of finals. They loom, yes they do.

The first stage critique was amazing! Everyone had a lot of ideas and well developed concepts. I think because we were not hindered by only being at a certain stage, we felt free to go further. It was refreshing. Lots of work to look at and talk about.

For lunch I chilled in the illustration room with Madeline and Danny. Brought a peanut butter sandwich with me. Mmm.

When class resumed, it was an open work period to develop our images. I worked on taking my two main concept sketches and planning them out and refining them in photoshop. It took all class, plus an extra 20 minutes. I'm trying to think how to take them out of the computer and into silkscreen land. Do I take the photoshop layers and print each one out as a black transfer? But that would require further refining and not use the organic ink work that I am fond of. I'll probably redraw them and just hand draw the layers, utilizing a light box.

Right now, the weather goes from day to night with almost no warning. I can be in the computer lab and turn around and suddenly the sky is like ink.

After class, I went to Trader Joe's The candy cane Joe-Joes are back! Joe-Joes are the imitation Oreos that they sell, but now the seasonal kind are back! And they have Advent calendars, which I didn't get because I couldn't avoid eating them for a month. Picked up bananas and cereal bars and pasta and apples and peppered salami and this spiced apple bread mix. Lots of stuff. Stocked up so that I won't be consistently hungry. Oh and bread and bagels. Mmm.

I'm not surprised all the tappers are gone on So You Think You Can Dance. Nigel is rough on the audience, but he does have some truth. The people are not stepping it up like they should. Katie has wedding stuff to attend, so the regular burger is out of the question. Boo. Maybe I should still go, and just sit at the bar and talk to Shelley.

No comments: