hi

hi

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Laurie/Roth Monday Night Double Feature

Despite minimal sleep, I have kept high energy through the day. Go me.

Got to school early and registered for the classes I spoke of yesterday. It will be intense, and I have more 8am classes. Joy.

The sketch assessment went quick. We were given time to edit our flash fictions before lunch. I talked with Natalie in a way of assisting her with her silk screen woes. Tried to explain reductive image making. It's hard to explain. Yeah.

Bought joe joes and mac and cheese for lunch from Safeway. It is cold and drippy and I needed something warm. Mmm. And picked up some supplies for home. Soap and the like.

Checked out a book on mug shots from the library. Did you know they were invented in France in 1881 by a man named Alphonse Bertillon? Well the exact system of criminal mug shots and the recording of information was, at least. That is the something new that I learned today.

We read all the stories to one another. The majority of people started off their readings with apologies. Why do people feel so ashamed of their work? What is the disconnect between a rough sketch and a rough piece of writing? It is annoying to listen to people bash their work and I called someone out on it, but they kept doing it a minute later. Argh. Oh well. It was sort of an open work time till 4:30. I gave Mel one of the three color Lynch posters (on newsprint), because she is such a big Lynch fan.

Next up on the narrative image slate is poetry. We have a big poetry packet to read and react to by next class. Fun.

I loitered till yoga. We did much of the usual with a few shoulder twists that I am sure to feel tomorrow.

It wasn't raining for my trip home. Very good. Watched House. Decent episode, I was expecting more but a good return after the two week break. No more baseball, yay! Then Bored to Death, then Lie to Me. Now it is time for bed. Have to get up in eight and a half hours.

No comments: