hi

hi

Saturday, July 18, 2009

moon pie

Forced myself out of bed at 10. Gabe me a little stirfy for breakfast/lunch. Yes I eat vegetables if Gabe cooks them.

At 1 I left for school to scan and edit my concept thumbnails. Threw in some color in photoshop. Emailed them off.

Zip zoom I left to meet J for a movie. 2:30 showing of Moon starring Sam Rockwell. I've asked about three people and none of them were interested in seeing it. J was totally psyched for it. That is why she is my movie buddy. My cinema employed movie buddy who gets me free tickets. The A/C was cool and we had good seats. There were a couple ridiculous squeaky chairs.

I really enjoyed Moon. It is about a man mining the dark side of the moon for Helium 3, the space age energy source. He is one man on a station and when he gets hurt, he is saved by his clone because he is also a clone. That isn't a spoiler for the movie because the whole clone thing comes in early on. Anyway, it seemed to have constructed model sets for the moon scenes and the sets for the station seemed very clear. It had good production values without showing off. The story did keep me interested. Pretty dynamic for only really having one actor through the whole thing (and Kevin Spacey who plays the seemingly-at-first Hal-esque computer GERTY).

Afterwards we were hot to trot to Baskin Robbins. Crossing over Yamhill, or Morrison whichever is heading West, J whispered, "Is that Christian Siriano?" I looked to look and confirmed, "Oh my God it really is!" I whipped out my phone and texted Terry, "Christian Soriano in Pioneer Square!" Later I found out that Terry was not a fan.

I got peppermint flavor this time. J and I walked up to the Park Blocks and sat on the bench and talked about boys and girls and internships and all that. It was a nice little visit and getting to know her a little better. Soon she had to go to work. We parted ways.

It was warm. Hot. Hot hot hot with heat. I've just been cowering in my room with the fan. I tried on my new second hand shorts and bent to pick up Luna and I hear RRRRRRRRRrrrriiip. Dang!

No comments: