hi

hi

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

seen but not heard

Illustration Special Class Thing:
The critique for the composition was quick. Only Rachel and I had pieces to show. Passed by Robin on my way to school. We had a value slide show and discussion. I was spacing in and out. Woke up with a stomach ache. I managed to bring a feeble lunch to school with me. Robin and I sat in Jamison Square Park and chatted. Made a stop at the library for more volumes of Promethea and a Euan Uglow art book.

After lunch we went out and drew the lighting on eggs. We first drew the egg indoors and then in three different spots outdoors. First I drew with it on a stairwell. The wind kept moving it. BT stopped and chatted a little bit. Next I propped it upright in some dirt. Then Rachel and I sat in the park and talked about comics and all that. Afterwards we were given our assignment. It is a black and white picture with an emphasis on value. Supposed to represent something we want to share or hide about ourselves. Don't know what I'll do.

Mackenzie:
I was picked to do the illustrations for one of the magazine design class students. Mackenzie wants me to do two spot illustrations for an article about this lady who owns this big bun company.

Dinner:
Had to make it myself.

Dave Chappelle:
Gabe said that he heard that Dave Chappelle was going to do a free Midnight show in Pioneer Courthouse Square tonight. I thought, "why not?" and went. I got there at 11:40 and it was packed. Thousands of people. Crammed and climbing over everything. They were on top of Starbucks tables and chairs and then the Starbucks guy came and yelled and removed the tables and chairs. People climbed on top of the glass roof. Some dangerous stunts. I was behind a pillar. At around 12:30 enough people had left frustrated so I got to squeeze in to a good spot on the stairs. The audience moved and shook the Noon Tunes set up. There was almost a riot! And by riot I mean some people were getting cross and some may have even written a letter. Portlanders are not a vicious bunch. 12:45 rolled around. then 1am came and so did Chappelle. The thinning crowd surged back to the stage and everyone was ecstatic. And then he brought out a tiny amp. Still no sound. I moved into the flow and tried to get close enough to the stage. No luck and with no replacement speaker system on its way, I decided to leave. As I left I noticed one of the people on the roof of Starbucks was down to her underwear. I started to walk away and heard more cheering as she took her bra off. Portland is OK with toplessness. Heh.

I came.
I saw.
I can say I saw.
Can't say I heard.

No comments: