hi

hi

Saturday, May 16, 2009

summer reading

First day of actual summer. Kicked it off with finishing Preacher while a nice wind blew through my open window. What an amazing read.

I read comics for most of the day. Sat out on the porch with Gabe (who I have working on going through my library). Just relaxed. Enjoyed. It was beautiful and sunny but not impossible.

When Katie got back from shopping with her mom and sister (who is like Katie's exact opposite) we all went out for ice cream! We went down to the Pearl District and to Full Moon and eyed their lovely locally made stuff. I got a sundae with the as-yet-unnamed chocolate. Katie got a cone of blueberry or something. Gabe got a Kulfi and Almond cone. Jamison Square was full of kids frolicking in the fountain. Katie only got about 5 licks in before the cone fell to the dirt. She was very sad but we generously shared from our own treats. She stepped her foot down into the scoop in spite of it. The ice cream oozed up between all her toes. She shrieked from the cold and delight. Then washed off in the fountain.

I blew bubbles.

Gabe cooked us a light little pasta bacon thing with quail eggs. He called his Almost Breakfast for Dinner pasta. It was tasty. I now have forgotten how to cook for myself. But that's okay, I wasn't all that good at it anyway.

I think I'll walk down to Powell's and pick up The Road or Lost at Sea.

No comments: