hi

hi

Monday, May 18, 2009

Trillian and Jen's

I couldn't convince Gabe or Katie to go to Powell's with me. Jen however was game for a day of walking and sun enjoying and ice cream and lunch and a brief trip to Powell's.

I opted to walk because with her having to part at work I knew I would probably end up near a max line and would have an easy route back. Plus walking with my bike is a hassle. It was a lovely warmth. Not so frying but I could still manage pants.

We met inside Powell's and I picked up a used, non movie cover, version of The Road. Both our tumblies were grumbling so we went to Kenny and Zukes. It was a little pricey but our sandwiches were the size of all our fists combined with another layer of meat ontop. I was only able to get through half, but now I have tons of pastrami and roast beef to nibble on over the next couple of days. Yum!

Ben and Jerry's was the next stop. Frozen chocolate bananas were ours to eat! What a lovely phallic treat for dessert. Mmmm. We consumed them in Jamison, where the number of kids had multiplied since yesterday. There was a wonderful dad and daughter squirt gun team and the dad traded with the mom. I like seeing playful parents. There were naked toddlers and squirt guns and bad faded tattoos. We waded a little. At 11th and Johnson, Jen ran into her friends Ed and Shad. The streetcar came and we parted ways. On the way back home I helped some German tourists figure out which stop they needed.

I read The Road. It has big font but the words are chosen wisely.

When night fell we rented Severance and Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Only watched the former. As violent and fun as when I first watched it.

Tomorrow is my last obligation as Student Club Coordinator. A little leadership retreat where we hash out all the answers to the school's problems!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, shouldn't we be beating the pavement for that internship? Something creative would be nice.