hi

hi

Saturday, May 23, 2009

moving out in august?

Guess what?
What?
Karen, Adam, Phil, and Andy are trying to get a house in NW Nob Hill district! And they have asked if I want to go in with them. It is five bedrooms, two living room, two bathroom. I agreed to do it, nothing it for certain right now but I figured I should give it a shot. It is considerably cheaper than The Goose and in a good area and we might be able to set up a silk screen printing studio in the basement. It is about time to move out methinks. My lease is up in August. I filled out a part of the form. Give it a shot. Why not? There is still a lot up in the air right now, it isn't solidified. I haven't put money down.

Gabe made this noodle shrimp cabbage dish for Nathalie's barbecue. Karen and I drove together. Hit some hella traffic but got there alright. Terry, Colin, Amanda, Ursula, Ursula's roommate, Nat's twin Katie, Matt, Bryan, BT, and Megan were there. A nice little crowd. We ate barbecue food prepared by Nathalie's uncle (or was it her dad? Her parents and an Aunt and Uncle set were there and I couldn't quite tell them apart). Chatted nerd stuff and drew a little. Nathalie lives up on 43rd in a nice little house filled neighborhood.

When it got a chilly, we grouped together in the basement and played Taboo. Nice little party game but tricky to get the hold of it. Terry killed it, as did Ursula.

Karen left early because she is off to Kansas City tomorrow. Bye bye Karen! Ursula, her roomie, and Amanda left to a bar that held another graduation party. Terry, Colin, and Matt all departed for whichever reason. Bryan had to meet his girlfriend for something. It got dark. Nathalie loaned us sweaters. I was one of the last to leave. Walked by my lonesome the 10 blocks to the Max Station on 43rd. It was running a bit late but getting back was pretty much uneventful. Portland is safe.

Jason was in the Goose Hollow area (his friend Sandeep lives in a complex about two blocks from my apartment) so when I got back we hung out for a little while. Not too long as he had to catch the Max out to Beaverton.

Need to plan when I want to go home. I don't want to think about internship till I sort out my visit to Washington first (I want to see all yall, Christmas wasn't much of a visit). I don't want to go home till I know what to draw while home so that when I get back to Portland I can get right to printing for the Zine Symposium in July. I want to print a second run of my comic before I go home. I have a week left of free time in the printing studio before I have to pay the summer use fee.

Need to make a list.

No comments: