hi

hi

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

not quite as warm but much much more wet

Karen called me at 11:30 to ask if I knew the meeting was at noon. I didn't but I was up and washed already so no biggie.

The student leadership meeting was a free lunch of Thai food with plenty of rice to go around. I had a lot of rice. MMmm. It was mostly a little meeting to hash out what the responsibilities were of the jobs and not an actual time to solve the school's problems. It went by fairly easily. Just buzz words and advice and expectations. Karen had a meeting so I was on my own for my way back (she drove me there).

I lounged around school and bit and was going to get an Italian Soda but the streetcar was right there so I went home instead. I picked up some cheap, but better quality than the ones I have, Popsicles to have and share with Katie and Gabe.

Karen invited me to go rafting with her, Adam, Tony, and Tony's friend. They were in separate cars so we were lagging a little behind. Karen had a meeting about an internship so we were a little behind. I sat int he car while she had her meeting and it was about 20 minutes before I realised that I could in fact open up the door to relieve the heat inside then automobile. I read The Road.

There was a slight communication error about rafting. The other party left without us and we went anyway to just swim and enjoy the Clackamas river anyway. We assumed that they had left when it turns out, they had left about 5 minutes after we arrived. Yeah. Oh well. Karen also locked her keys in her car. Oops.

Adam was the drop offer and the pick upper for the rafters so he met us at Carver(Carter?) Park, which was the end point. Adam asked a guy about getting to other rafting stops and he told us about a little route. We waded across a shallow river bed and followed an ingrown trail to find a little swimming hole farther up river. Only a couple people were around. Tony and his friend came by in their raft from upstream and they managed to paddle over and greet us. We lounged about and a couple of us hopped in the water. The freezing river water. It was easier to jump the second or third time. And much more fun.

We decided to join them and raft further down the river and find a way back from there. Right when we started the sun went behind some clouds and it stopped being drying and super sunny. Still we had fun. Except at about the 45 minute mark I was getting worried about where the next rafting stop point was. It was supposed to be (according to Tony) a 30-40 minute raft. Uhh yeah. This nice old couple was fishing and we asked them how long till the next place and they said another hour.

So we decided to just get off the river at the next available spot, which ended up being slightly private property. Just little cement stairs into the water and a back gate to a yard. We got out and to the shoulder real quick and no one was home. Hehehe.

Karen called AAA from our place there. And you know that nice old couple that told us how long we had? They offered us all a ride in their truck! We deflated our raft and all five of us fit quite nicely in the back. The couple even gave us a few jackets to drape to keep from being too chilly. They were super cool. And so nice. They offered to take us, we didn't ask (though we wanted to). It was either that or walk or call a cab. We even received a little, "you kids watch out" lecture. What an adventure!

AAA showed up pretty quick and the boys and us parted ways. We both managed to half change on the way back. Karen struggled to get her top on during the drive through wait. It was silly. I took a shower when I got back because I was still chilled and damp. It felt really good. Gabe has been a little under the weather so my Warren Ellis comics have been keeping him company.

It rained a little. Katie and I watched Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Gabe made really rich chocolate cupcakes with creme cheese icing. Mmm.

I lathered on sunblock so my pasty complexion is preserved.

Here is another dose of Luna:

No comments: