hi

hi

Saturday, May 16, 2009

and no waterballoons or red rover!

I got up really early. Just wide awake at 9. Still on school time but I will change that soon enough. Read Garth Ennis' Preacher for several hours. Just tearing through the volumes. So good, so fun. The Boy will never really "Out Preacher Preacher" as Ennis said. Probably because Steve Dillon isn't illustrating it (sure Darick Robertson is good but not as good as his Transmetropolitan days).

Anyway, that was fun. At around 2:50 I went to school to finish up my errands. I dropped off my library book. I talked to Kristen and Kim while I backed up my disk. Then it was off to 25th and Pettygrove!

The end of the year party was moved to a park this time, instead of just being around the loading dock by our school. It really gave us the room to spread out but also form more groups and kinda minimized the mingling. Still there was free food and beverages a plenty as well as Frisbees and bocce (which I didn't get to play because I couldn't locate the set to borrow). I arrived on my own but quickly found Matt and Daniel and Jim and other people to sit with. We sat while the shade covered us and talked about movies and things. Colin, Matt, and I played Frisbee for a while. I was not so good at it but I had fun.

Karen and Robin were eventually freed from printmaking and showed up. Karen and Madeline chilled on the nerdy blanket with us. Thom, Kim, Diana, Madeline and I played Frisbee. I got a little better. I had a hot dog when I showed up and a hamburger later. Katie and Gabe arrived and we hung around. I slapped Karen on the head and said Goose and she did nothing. She later slapped me on the head and I chased her and lost my shoes and keys and searched all over my path for them, only to find that Madeline, Katie, and Gabe had hidden them! Jerks.

I didn't get a chance to be on the bouncy castle either.

It was a jolly little day in the park. Everyone relaxing all across the grades. It wasn't just a social thing for Freshmen and Sophomores. We stowed my bike in Katie's car and went home, tra la la. I read more Preacher, ate caramel corn, and further enjoyed the beautiful night.

No comments: