hi

hi

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

feet hurty

Math test was exactly the practice test that we did in class. Same one I reviewed with Jen. I didn't know a good second example of a real group but oh well. Small points. Go me! And the Rubik's cube will have full points, no problem there.

I loitered around with Karen for a while. Watched her size down her print. We went to Sushi Land for an early lunch. It is one of those pay-by-the-plate type of joints. Had plenty of $1.50 sushi. We grabbed a booth before the rush came in. Then the rush came and everyone glared at our booth having abilities. Some people were very aggressive in defending a spot at the table because some kids came in, unaware there was a sign up sheet. They were very rude. Made me wish you could pick who got your spot after you left a restaurant.

Met up with Dominic in the library. He returned some comics I loaned him. He and I decided to venture down to Floating World Comics. Chatted with Craig and Thom a little first. I was wearing my wedges, which are ya know those heeled shoes without the bit missing in the middle. They are comfy shoes for about 2 hours and then they kill my feet. I didn't plan on taking a walk today.

Weather was very erratic. It would be sunny then a drizzle then warm then a mist then cloudy and windy and cold. The sun kept up for the journey to and from Floating World. Picked up some of the benefit posters from the show, some back issues of Kick Ass, Farel's comic Pop Gun War, my subscription box, and Warren Ellis' Freak Angels. All of it at my awesome regular discount. Go me! So comics and teeshirts mark the end of my good-for-Trillian splurge.

I haven't heard back about that internship. If that doesn't go through I think I might pay for summer use of the schools studio and screen print to my hearts content. Give me something to do and some art to make. A goal.

Dominic didn't get anything at the shop. Such a great selection. I needed recommendations but I didn't take many of them (oh how I wish I could).

The streetcar was right there when we got to 10th(it was also coming right as Karen and I left Sushi Land, my lucky day!). Spent the rest of the break nursing my poor feet and talking with Jen, Terry, Matt, Amanda, and Nathalie in the library.

Digital tools was fairly productive. Got most of the line art, color, and texture in. Just need to add patterns and refine it. Last project to complete!

I spent the evening eating bread and reading Millar's Wanted. Very very different from the movie (but I can see why they changed it. Wait no I can't, they could have fit the comic into a longish movie.) Gabe made the bread. Of course.

No comments: