hi

hi

Friday, May 15, 2009

summer is coming, it is here!

Rubik's final has arrived. Shawn tested, with hecklers, at 2:01 seconds. A tough time to beat. I gave him a Lucky Luna. He said his wife wanted to get a cat when they were in Kansas City, now they won't have to! The timer went and off we went along with it. Yours truly was the first to finish.
"Done!"
"..."
"Damnit!"
I was two seconds after his time when I looked but he was kind to take a few seconds off for the delay. I got the 3% extra credit! I waited a few minutes. Liz was next. Jen got a quick time with notes. Karen got in at 9. I wish all finals were that easy.

I picked up a late breakfast/early lunch at Safeway and enjoyed it with Amanda, Lacey, Nathalie, Matt, Jen, and Karen in the library. We all gathered round each other and talked while avoiding the digital work to be done. Matt was in figure drawing and they came through the library with their float final assignment. Matt's was the Queen of Cheese (or was it the Cheese Queen?). Diana had a remote control thingy.

At noon I checked out a tablet and at 12:30 I picked it up because I had to wait for the people to get back to The Cage so I could check it out. Watched Lost and worked. Lost was INTENSE!! A nail biting season finale.

The final critique went quick. We always have little end reviews in that class. It was mostly little advice things exchanged. One by one, Joe took us aside and talked to us about our progress. He liked how different my pieces were and that I tried different things. I gave him a Lucky Luna.

Then we were done. Then I was done. My semester is done. I'm into summer now. Woah.

I read Preacher and ate dinner. I convinced Jason to take me to a late showing of Star Trek. Exactly at 8:30, he arrived. So punctual. It took a little loop around the parking lot to get in but we arrived with plenty to spare. I had never been to the Lloyd 8 before; the theatre within the mall. It wasn't all that nice. Rather minimal with a small screen. Less intense of an experience but still Star Trek was AWESOME!! Loved it. Wish the audience was more pumped but Jason and I were content to nerd out on our own.

After we just hung about my place and harassed Luna till he had to leave. Someone had work in the morning. Whatever. I wasn't so sleep deprived this semester but it will be nice to have no tension.

Done! I'm done! I've been getting some nice messages and words and calls from family. It feels so good to know how supported I am by all of them and all of you. In the tough spots it keeps me going. I know this is where I want to be and now more than an ever I feel I can accomplish it. I can push myself harder, I am more open to putting myself out there. It helps so much to feel that this is where you all want me to be as well.

Oh, and the crew and I are planning a little inner tubing trip down a river in the next week.

Also forgot to mention that at the end of Yoga, Tatum had little ceramic bowls to give us. Art pass outs are spreading! Patrick Melroy mentioned reading my blog and asked if it was cool to talk about it to new students and parents (as in an example for ways for students to keep in touch). He put his Lucky Luna up in his office. Fawn said that when she put hers up, it felt like it always belonged there. When I sat down and scribbled a little drawing of Luna one morning, I didn't think it would become this. You really never know what pieces might change the direction of your work. Lucky Luna has really increased my ideals that art should be available and affordable. I like things that are easy to mass produce at low cost. I like that people get such a kick out of receiving art. It is being asked for by name or by image. Viral printmaking!

Luna loves it as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wear a lifejacket when you go inner-tubing. love ya, ~mummy