hi

hi

Monday, May 11, 2009

getting it finished

Documentation? Done! I cut it rather short but I finished it. Well, I forgot to take a picture of my final illustration. Looking at what I did in Illustration this semester, well it seems very underwhelming. I didn't do all that much. I'll get to uploading the pictures here in a couple days.

Critique was only an hour and a half. Nothing compared to Yoshi's critiques. Then again, with Yoshi we don't look at our work every week and note the progress. Robin's piece was beautifully rendered but I felt it could have been larger (but she also was working on this massive painting for Annie's class). Josh and Janessa seem to be set on course to be the next PNCA power couple. Kevin's had naughty undertones. There were some excellent pieces and some more choppy ones. My critique was mostly nitpicks. Nothing that can't be changed with a little more work.

Robin and I ate lunch together. I had a late breakfast so I just needed some breadsticks and a soda. We went up on the rooftop at the Hot Lips/Laughing Planet complex. A nice little balcony area I haven't been on since the first lunch my first semester.

We only had private consultations after that so once that was done, we were done. Daniela was running about 15 minutes behind. Mine went well. Main critique was to focus drawing figures in perspective some more. Doable.

Jen and I studied group theory a little bit before parting. Just reviewed. The cubes in the library were solved so it was time for me to wander home.

I deposited by Student Clubs Coordinator check on the way home and when I got home I checked to see it went through and treated myself to some teeshirts from Threadless for a semester pretty much well done.

Gabe slowly fed us through the day. He made a little cheese crusty spinach thing and salad rolls and chicken wings (non hot made just for me, Gabe is awesome). We sat about and cheered Katie on. Relaxed. Math test tomorrow. At this point what I know, I know and what I don't I don't. I'll ace the Rubik's part no question. Maybe even get extra points if I beat the teacher's time. Final comic meeting and printmaking on Wednesday and then Rubik's and Digital on Thursday. Then I am done. End of the year party on Friday. Nathalie has a party in another week. Hmmn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good work and good luck on being almost done with another year of school excellence. Remember to bring your Rubick's cube on job interviews. Remember how Will Smith got a job that way in that movie...The Pursuit of Happyness? Love ya and am so proud of you! ~lp