hi

hi

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

ninety seven

I haven't been sleeping well. I keep waking up at random times and start getting ready in a delirium, completely unaware of what time it really is. 11pm I get up. 1am I get up. 5am I get up. It isn't good.

I had another markdown shift this morning. It was only me and Mariane. I had to do the sale racks and I screwed up one of them. I repriced some of the ones that had been slashed as quick sales without knowing. Raised some of the things to sell at 3.97 to 6.97. I should have asked. It also ate up a lot of my time pricing all the .97 things. Anything that is a .97 is as low as it is going to go. I only got through the kids sale rounds and the walls in my three hour shift. Mariane let me choose the music and I went with the jazz station we always listen to in painting class. Today was a celebration of the saxophone.

After work I grabbed a late breakfast (I only had poptarts to get me going). Arby's is fantastic, they have a 5 for 5.95 deal. 5 pepperjack melts! 5 full sandwiches! Awesome! I ate two and three fourths of a third while sitting about in lounge dining area in the Lloyd and save the others for later. I ate them through the rest of the day. I love fast food that lasts you longer than one meal.

I'm making a super good pace through Handmaid's Tale. I'm almost at the halfway point and I have time to spare. And the response to it is the only thing I have due Friday. It is a nice break, ya.

I promptly fell asleep once I got home and enjoyed a lengthy rest. It felt so good. I need to employ more naps.

With my yoga pants at home, I had to do it in jeans. It worked fairly well except for one move that required an extended leg behind me, a bent leg in front of me, and my elbows on the floor. Kody B. joined us in the bending. There was a drop in numbers but it should pick up again. People just need to get into it.

I wish I had done more today but really, I just needed rest and relaxation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should check out Neil Gaiman reading his graveyard story live. It is really good, especially when he does the voices of the various ghosts. He is really good at voices. There is a link on his website. later, mum

Anonymous said...

You will sleep better when you are comfortable with being organized. Make a list of what you have to do, the time schedule it has to be done and plan ahead. With the comfort knowing when you have to sleep you will get up rested to attack the plan and be successful with that accomplishment. Then just plan the next day. You may find you need to sacrifice a little valuable leisure time at first. Just plan your time and stick with it. I think your sleeping problem is just things are unstructured and you are fearful of forgetting your commitments.

JS