hi

hi

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

the change in my pockets

My cruddy zombie drawing made it onto the wall for the class. I got a chuckle from the class but I'm not fully behind it. Oh well. Morgan taught us about how all of our forms are a series of convex shapes, and even what appears to be concave is actually made up of convex shapes. Very important lesson. We had a model who was previously a student at school, but we are professionals and so it wasn't awkward. She also has a healthy body and was a good poser.

Robert taught the first hour of History of Design (all the MFA's have to teach a class as part of their lesson). Learned a lot about Bauhaus but then she quizzed us and then berated us a little for not learning as much as she had assumed we did. I didn't feel so bad about drifting off during her rambling lecture in the second part of class. She also said something about all Illustrators hating each other.

They whacked open a pinata during lunch, in it were misfortune cookies reading things like "Where is my post college bailout?" and "Your mountain of debt will be difficult to climb". It also had fake money and a couple bouncy balls. We need more pinatas at school.

I couldn't be bothered to go to student council so I grabbed a steak beef dip sandwich and holed up in the library for the last chunk of lunch.

We had a costume model in painting. My paintings were rather small but I liked the way they turned out. I did a light watercolor sketch and then filled in the whole area of the form in the skin tone and then painted into that. I'm going to add the next classes paintings onto the same page as I have plenty of room. I like the attitude of that class, we have a lot of fun chatting and working. We are all so different and we combine together nicely.

It was very cold today. Numbing almost. I was toasty when I got done with my bike ride and now I'm comfortably warm. I am looking forward to going to bed soon. Early shift, early to bed.

Mum called and we chatted. I confirmed that she is indeed getting a discount (just FYI: all your comments get emailed to me so I do read them, even if you post on old entries), we marveled over our love of Sedaris, and I proposed again the idea of some of YOU PEOPLE coming down to Portland for Thanksgiving.

Oh yeah, and Obama won the Presidency. I figured that if he did, it would be by a gigantic landslide.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Obama! Remember, he was a candidate you young folks helped elect. So now you are part of the change. Thank God. Such a blessed relief. A dignified, intelligent, compassionate leader with a beautiful smile. Hope again. The audacity of it!luv, lp