hi

hi

Friday, November 7, 2008

the difference between rococo and a whammy bar

What's this? I'm caught up on reading and it is barely Midnight? It must be a blue moon! No? Wooow! Go me. Well Handmaid's Tale has a great pace going, I can scarcely put it down to watch Rome instead.

We had the great model in figure drawing. She can hold 2 minute gestures and long poses like no ons business! My charcoal has lost some of what I liked about my mark making early on but it could be me just forcing it too much. But my general skills have improved. There was a vigorous discussion about ukulele's as well. A great line was said in class, it went something along the lines of, "If there is one thing that Rococo isn't, it's badass".

During the break I went to the library and they had a magnificent book about the sweeter side of R. Crumb. He is an amazing draftsmen, even Diana who isn't keen on his work admires him for that. It is a lovely volume, though rather thin (but considering the amount of Crumbs "safe" work, the size isn't surprising).

Our new assignment has to do with pirates. I know what I am going to do, I just need to write it all down and get started.

I ate some of Yo's curry for lunch and took a nap.

There was a lecture from one of the artists who has a show in the Feldman gallery. He name is Baochi Zhang and he goes in between sculpture and painting. His sculptures were really simple with a great singular idea. He has a pretty diverse portfolio, if only he knew how to stand closer to the microphone so we could hear what he is talking about.

Painting was another costume model with two poses. I didn't like the portrait so much. She had a plaid coat that was really hard for me to draw but others seemed to get it fairly easily. It was a wonderful variety of styles exhibited today. Lee had a great piece. My final result was cool. Something different I guess.

Went home, skipped out on First Thursday because the weather is horrid, read and responded.

No comments: